Stihl 290 Filter cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Trying to save a trip and there are several up on E-bay. Does anyone know the dealer price for a fleece air filter for an MS 290. Thanks for your help.:blob2:

pbuehning said:
Trying to save a trip and there are several up on E-bay. Does anyone know the dealer price for a fleece air filter for an MS 290. Thanks for your help.:blob2:

A new one runs about 20 bucks..........

BlueRidgeMark said:
How would you know? You're merely a simple employee, not a dealer!

Very correct Mark, but guess what as well I have a name just like you. Odd isn't it some will not even tell you their name, not even their first name, very interesting huh?

Hey when you stopping by again?, I got some new toys in you might be interested in...............

:hmm3grin2orange:

Very correct Mark, but guess what as well I have a name just like you. Odd isn't some will not even tell you their name, not even their first name, very interesting huh.

Hey when you stopping by again?, I got some new toys in you might be interested in...............

Heck, anytime anyone treats me as a simple employee, the price goes up. You can always tell - the price is a "round number".. you know, $10, $20, $30, Heck, the price list is MSRP, where the "s" is "suggested". :buttkick: :D :taped:

Lakeside53 said:
Heck, anytime anyone treats me as a simple employee, the price goes up. You can always tell - the price is a "round number".. you know, $10, $20, $30, Heck, the price list is MSRP, where the "s" is "suggested". :buttkick: :D :taped:

lolol, yup. The old deal of the regular price is 595.00, for you sir its 645.00,lololol. They ask why and I say well its pretty simple to me,lololololololol.

Pbuehing,
The old filter is easy to clean if it is not damaged. I had a spare for my MS290 and all you had to do was blow them off with air and then lightly wash and brush them with a soft toothbrush in somethng like Simple Green. Once they are dry they are as good as new. Just be gentle when brushing them. The filters I had where the flock type.
Boiler

boilerhouse47 said:
Pbuehing,
The old filter is easy to clean if it is not damaged. I had a spare for my MS290 and all you had to do was blow them off with air and then lightly wash and brush them with a soft toothbrush in somethng like Simple Green. Once they are dry they are as good as new. Just be gentle when brushing them. The filters I had where the flock type.
Boiler

Good point there, they can be cleaned as you say. I've found plain ole starting fuild to be the best air filter cleaner around at a buck a can. It washes out the all crude and almost turns the filter back to their color in seconds. Must let them dry though before putting them back on the saw unless you really wanna hear a screamer. Starting fuild evaporates fast so it doesn't take long for the filter to dry.

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Very correct Mark, but guess what as well I have a name just like you. Odd isn't some will not even tell you their name, not even their first name, very interesting huh.

Well, TOM, probably next Friday, or perhaps the one after, TOM. I have some big rounds to pick up this week TOM, and then I plan to rent a splitter from YOUR EMPLOYER, TOM. The plan is to pick it up Friday on my way home TOM, then drop it off Monday morning. Your EMPLOYER'S store has a good price on rentals, but more importantly, they will only charge me 2 days for that arrangement, TOM.

Pretty good place you work, TOM. Handy location for me, too. I suspect I'll be doing some business there from time to time, TOM.

That's his name - don't wear it out! :D

BlueRidgeMark said:
Well, TOM, probably next Friday, or perhaps the one after, TOM. I have some big rounds to pick up this week TOM, and then I plan to rent a splitter from YOUR EMPLOYER, TOM. The plan is to pick it up Friday on my way home TOM, then drop it off Monday morning. Your EMPLOYER'S store has a good price on rentals, but more importantly, they will only charge me 2 days for that arrangement, TOM.

Pretty good place you work, TOM. Handy location for me, too. I suspect I'll be doing some business there from time to time, TOM.

That's his name - don't wear it out! :D

lolololololololololol, good one. Now if you could get the name of the man who is so upset over me being a employee you will be doing something.

Come on by Mark, look forward to seeing you again. I got some new Stihl cant hooks in that I think you may find impressive, them things are huge.
Uhhhhhhhh Mark, my name is Tom,lololololololol

THALL10326 said:
lolololololololololol, good one. Now if you could get the name of the man who is so upset over me being a employee you will be doing something.

Come on by Mark, look forward to seeing you again. I got some new Stihl cant hooks in that I think you may find impressive, them things are huge.
Uhhhhhhhh Mark, my name is Tom,lololololololol

oooooohhhh yes., I love those new cant hooks and Peaveys...

Lakeside53 said:
oooooohhhh yes., I love those new cant hooks and Peaveys...

They are nice for sure. Rep told us Stihl is selling them things like crazy so I ordered a few. I was surprised at how big they are. May have to get one myself.

Back