Stihl 3003/D025 mount .325 NK bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradSt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My local dealer has ordered me a few loops of the new .325 RS Pro NK chain, and I need a bar, since the Stihl 04 Light bars are still not available here in the States. Is the best option for a NK .325 bar, the Oregon Speedcut TXLG? This is going on my MS261, and will be 16". I see SugiHara makes a .050 D025 mount bar, but I don't know if it is narrow enough. Saw is currently wearing a Sugi in .063.

My local dealer has ordered me a few loops of the new .325 RS Pro NK chain, and I need a bar, since the Stihl 04 Light bars are still not available here in the States. Is the best option for a NK .325 bar, the Oregon Speedcut TXLG? This is going on my MS261, and will be 16". I see SugiHara makes a .050 D025 mount bar, but I don't know if it is narrow enough. Saw is currently wearing a Sugi in .063.
New chain? Those have been going on Hooskys for years.

But you can always run a hard nose bar.

This is what he told me:
Screenshot_20200830-131627_Instagram.jpg

New chain? Those have been going on Hooskys for years.

But you can always run a hard nose bar.
While .325 NK isn't a new profile, Stihl RS Pro and RM Pro are NEW to the market. As far as I know, Stihl RS Pro is the only .325 NK chain that has a full chisel cutter and no safety bumpers.

I can find aftermarket .325 .050 sprocket tip bars, but most are NOT specifically labeled for use with NK chain. I don't know the thickness of say a Sugi .325 .050 D025 bar. If it is the same thickness as the .063 bar I have, it may bind in the cut, because the NK chain doesn't cut a kerf wide enough for the bar to go through.

Do some internet searching. There are discussions about that PRO chain on a couple of forums and at least one person confirmed that it runs fine on some standard .050 bars. I'm pretty sure Bailey's has their NK .325 .050 bars in 16" for Echo (I was checking a while back in case I got an Echo 501P), so I'd assume they'd have Stihl mount bars too.

While .325 NK isn't a new profile, Stihl RS Pro and RM Pro are NEW to the market. As far as I know, Stihl RS Pro is the only .325 NK chain that has a full chisel cutter and no safety bumpers.

I can find aftermarket .325 .050 sprocket tip bars, but most are NOT specifically labeled for use with NK chain. I don't know the thickness of say a Sugi .325 .050 D025 bar. If it is the same thickness as the .063 bar I have, it may bind in the cut, because the NK chain doesn't cut a kerf wide enough for the bar to go through.
I can use my caliper and measure my Sugi 3/8 .050. Will that helpm

Latest posts

Back