• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stihl ms361 for sale PHO. I built this saw from parts I purchased over a several year period from eBay and my local Stihl dealer. Every single part on this saw is OEM with the exception of a Meteor piston. List of new oem parts: brake flag, top handle, starter recoil, tank, filter cover, top cover, clutch (both drum, bearing and clutch itself), impulse line, fuel line, fuel filter, air filter, clutch cover and brake linkage cover. I swapped out the bar studs for studs compatible with the clutch cover that uses retained bar nuts. Not sure why Stihl doesn't use retained bar nuts on all their new saws, great feature. Saw starts, runs, idles, and oils exactly like it should. Runs excellent. I can tell you that this is NOT a smart way to put a saw together! :( I ended up spending more money on this than I thought I would! I recently bought a new pistol (Springfield XD-s), my wife wasn't exactly thrilled.... So... In the interest of residential peace and harmony, I'm offering up this saw for $500 plus actual shipping. Prefer to only ship to lower 48. I've also got 2 bar/chain combos I'll include for an extra $80 each if you're interested (take your pick, only want to sell ONE of them). I didn't think to pull the muffler last night and get pics, but can do that tonight if anyone wants to see. Thank you, Daryl2018050395200720.jpg 2018050395200737.jpg 2018050395200803.jpg 2018050395200816.jpg

Should have mentioned the muffler has been modded (uncrimped and all baffles removed). The limiter caps have been pulled and saw retuned accordingly. Buyer should plan on and have the ability to tune a saw. I've always ran Belray H1R in this saw at 40:1. Every saw I've ran on this oil had to be richened up, not sure why. If you run another type oil, saw will probably need to be tuned again. thanks

Latest posts

Back