Stihl 3673 005 0072

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodchuckels

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought a Stihl full skip chain. When I opened the box I noticed it was a square grind profile. With a little research seems that this is called a classic (klassic) grind. I guess my question is what file to use? All my chains are round profile. If this chain cuts better than round ground, I will keep it at that profile, otherwise I will grind it round.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20220224_074427.jpg
    20220224_074427.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 4
I realize that, what I would like to find out is. #1 if it cuts better than round ground? #2 what file and size? #3 is it a pain for sharpen?

Just bought a Stihl full skip chain. When I opened the box I noticed it was a square grind profile. With a little research seems that this is called a classic (klassic) grind. I guess my question is what file to use? All my chains are round profile. If this chain cuts better than round ground, I will keep it at that profile, otherwise I will grind it round.
Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Pferd makes a double bevel that works pretty good. Madsen's in Centralia WA sells them. There is a learning curve but I converted over to square and really appreciate the cutting speed.

Latest posts

Back