Stihl 441 vs. Husky 576...which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBush

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Trying decide between the Stihl 441 and the Husky 576...which is a better saw. After reading several post, it seems like the 441 and 576 are like red-headed step-children when compared to the favored Stihl 440 and Husky 372. Since both the 440 and 372 have been discontinued, I am trying to decide which is the better of the two obvious replacements. Other than brand loyalty, is one a better overall saw than the other or is it basically splitting hairs.

Trying decide between the Stihl 441 and the Husky 576...which is a better saw. After reading several post, it seems like the 441 and 576 are like red-headed step-children when compared to the favored Stihl 440 and Husky 372. Since both the 440 and 372 have been discontinued, I am trying to decide which is the better of the two obvious replacements. Other than brand loyalty, is one a better overall saw than the other or is it basically splitting hairs.

I'd first say but the saw from the best dealer.

Good lord man this is thread number three with the same two saws!!!! Just kidding, it just means ur paying attention and buying right. Some will say one, some the other. Honestly if u have not decided, "buy the dealer and not the saw". A good dealer is worth way more than the differences between the two saws. They are both quality saws by quality manufacturers.

Edit: And I was beaten to the punch.

Honestly, as you say they're clearly direct competition for one another.

There are a few things which you might want to consider. Other than these I dont know what else....

1. Dealer. Since they're so similar, go with whatever dealer you like more.
2. Feel in hands. Pick up both saws. See how they maneuver. Decide what you prefer.
3. Autotune? THe husky is available with the autotune, if that's something you're interested in. It is also available without. Apparently the MS 441 has its AT equivalent in europe but not here...yet?

Cost is presumably also somewhat relevant. I've seen them both for *around* the same price. If there is a $100+ difference and you're happy with all other factors no sense in not saving the money.

For what it may be worth, the stihl, IMO, comes with a slightly higher grade bar and chain stock than the husky. Not that the huskys come with crap, but between the rollo ES bar and the RSC chain that you can probably have the 441 delivered with, it has a slight edge there. Again, this is not a major selling point, but since you're at this point, you may have it in mind.

One last thing. The 441 originally came with very loose springs to get the best possible AV values. These have since been replaced with a firmer spring. It is unclear to me how these springs have affected the feel of the antivibe and or test results.

I'll chime in since i have a 576 while I'm at it. I had a stihl 460 before hand. The AV and the way it feels in hand is really really good. It's a little bit heavy but IMO they got the weight distrib just right and its real comfy to cut with.

Latest posts

Back