Stihl 441...yes or no?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anybody would try to sell a 391 as a 441 intentionally,op doesn't know the difference so I'd say the owner don't either.

391 have 4 bolts holing a cover on the muffler?
Sadly there are guys like that man....

We got a dumbass around here that sells rebuilt saws in same area as me, he will sell a ms290 as a ms390....he will sell a ms210 as a ms250...it is VERY easy to swap out recall emblems and the regular guy has no clue he is getting swindled!!!

To the OP I am NOT saying that is what they are doing to you, I am just saying, make sure you OD the saw!!

I don't *need* it, but can certainly use it....I already have a 372XP, 575xp, and 460, kind of interested in seeing how it runs next to the 372 and 575.

Any potential damage from running with the loose muffler? Do you have to remove the muffler cover to get to the muffler?

Just my opinion, but with a 372 and a 460 in your stable I don't think a 441 would get much use unless your looking for a project to work on I would pass.

Sadly there are guys like that man....

We got a dumbass around here that sells rebuilt saws in same area as me, he will sell a ms290 as a ms390....he will sell a ms210 as a ms250...it is VERY easy to swap out recall emblems and the regular guy has no clue he is getting swindled!!!

To the OP I am NOT saying that is what they are doing to you, I am just saying, make sure you OD the saw!!
Why go through the trouble to make a 100$ 210 into a 100$ 250?
It's also easy and basically the same money to make a 290 into a 390 when you rebuild it.

I try to never look for something wrong because if you look hard enough you can find it with anything.

There's bad people but not many

Im pretty sure it isn't a 362, it's a 59cc saw....this one is definitely in the 64+cc range.

Why go through the trouble to make a 100$ 210 into a 100$ 250?
It's also easy and basically the same money to make a 290 into a 390 when you rebuild it.
I wonder the same thing buddy.....Dont know the guy and dont want to ever meet him....I just always get customers that tell me about him....they wanted a cheap saw, well I guess they got one....

When a guy is on drugs, they will do anything for $5 extra dollars....

Im pretty sure it isn't a 362, it's a 59cc saw....this one is definitely in the 64+cc range.
Can you screen shot the pictures you are looking at so we can see them??????

Hell know I am just curious to see what it is....

Absolutely right. It's a 391, a 441 is a 70cc saw not 64cc- which makes it a 391. Could be a pieced together parts saw also, run away as fast as you can.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A 362 is as big as a 441 and has a one peice cover and 4 bolts in the front of the muffler

How much do they want for it?

The DOM is 1-16, she was ride hard boys...

I would buy it for $50....

That would pass for a 362 to almost anybody if it didn't have 64cc on it.
It's basically identical.
I never noticed that before

Latest posts

Back