Stihl 462 at the John Deere dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was just in our local JD/Stihl dealership and they’ve got about 3 saws in the whole place. Said they’re having trouble getting parts, saws, trimmers etc from Stihl. However, they did have a 462c sitting on the shelf. It’s the 1st 462 I’ve seen in person. I was impressed with how light it was. But the price is what blew me away. Is their pricing correct?2BDAC5E3-F048-4711-8BAB-F6FC87CBFC42.jpeg

Hmmm, wondering what to do.... I've been in several of the JD/Stihl type dealerships around this part of the state. All of them are pretty clueless when it comes anything Stihl related. "the chainsaw blades are on aisle 3" type stuff.... I'd LOVE to have a 462, but I'm sure that price is an error. Doesn't feel right to walk in and buy it at that price. I wonder if their price from Stihl is even higher than that...

But then again, they're the ones that priced it, not me

Hmmm, wondering what to do.... I've been in several of the JD/Stihl type dealerships around this part of the state. All of them are pretty clueless when it comes anything Stihl related. "the chainsaw blades are on aisle 3" type stuff.... I'd LOVE to have a 462, but I'm sure that price is an error. Doesn't feel right to walk in and buy it at that price. I wonder if their price from Stihl is even higher than that...

Get that thing bought already !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Believe me, them implement sales places ain't hurting...

Or you could be a responsible human being and ask them if that price is correct. That is below their cost, someone most likely made a mistake.

I bet when you go to pay for it the mistake will show up in the computer and then it will be up to the manager whether to honor or not the tag price. I say not and will get an explanation why.

I bet when you go to pay for it the mistake will show up in the computer and then it will be up to the manager whether to honor or not the tag price. I say not and will get an explanation why.
I'm sure you are right. I kind of know the manager, he's the only one that sticks around. Everytime I go in there, it's all new faces. Think I'll call him and let him know they priced it wrong. Maybe keep a FNG from getting in trouble or fired if the saw somehow got out the door at that price....

Latest posts

Back