Stihl 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never heard of an 026 actually selling for $400. Two years ago I sold an MS 660 in really good condition for $600. I guess times have changed. Gasp!

Here's another Pic of MS 660 output:

Ya pricing in general is a little crazy, not sure if it's because of what's going on with covid, just the saws holding value longer, other or because I'm in Canada.
The seller may sell if he gets someone else closer, I'm 2 hours away from him. Its been a challenge to try and meet up.

Yes, all indications are it is a 660, but you could ask Stihl to run the full serial number that will tell you the model and approximate year. Parts are plentiful as there are tons of these saws around, i must have seen at 15 go thru my own hands and now only have 4 or 5. I always look at the sticker on the handle it will say 660 and also the DOM (date of manufacture) which is month and year or year then month, depending on age, but that one is prob after 2000, but the handle could always be replaced. The platics are new and have a new badge which isn't glued on the top flush or at all, which would lead me know its not all original and the you should make sure, as with any saw, the saw runs fine, piston is not scored, and that cylinder is hopefully OEM. There are tons of 660s rebuilt so have to be careful with purchase. The parts i see do look OEM stihl, but does have the usual knot on the elastostart handle so starting may give you a jolt, as it should, if it has good compression.

Latest posts

Back