Stihl availability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody912

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Parts guy at one of the local Stihl dealers told me he could not get saws because a container full of saws enroute from Germany had fallen off the boat. Anyone else heard this? Also said Stihl had removed local farm and feed store as a dealer, 2nd one around here that I know of, would they be trying to restrict dealerships to people strictly in the business????

It is mainly due to Covid, I don't know why they would bother using the container story. It could be true, but I doubt it.
As far as those locations being a Stihl dealer, it is probably just the agreement between the owners of that particular franchise, as Stihl rarely signs a deal nationwide, John Deere being the exception

It is mainly due to Covid, I don't know why they would bother using the container story. It could be true, but I doubt it.
As far as those locations being a Stihl dealer, it is probably just the agreement between the owners of that particular franchise, as Stihl rarely signs a deal nationwide, John Deere being the exception
guy that gave me the story was at a John Deere dealership. Totally lost faith in the lawn mower/chain saw place here in town, knew a guy at the JC place who had worked there before and then went to JD, found out he had passed away.

Latest posts

Back