Stihl bar oiling problem/adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsouz007

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a MS 362 that I got used and it runs fine but it only goes through a half tank of oil for every tank of gas. I have been taught that they should both run out at the same time. The bar is getting oil (tested it running it nose a couple inches off a stump and could see the oil line). I am just wondering if I can adjust that somehow or what I should check to get it to oil better? Any input appreciated.

I have a MS 362 that I got used and it runs fine but it only goes through a half tank of oil for every tank of gas. I have been taught that they should both run out at the same time. The bar is getting oil (tested it running it nose a couple inches off a stump and could see the oil line). I am just wondering if I can adjust that somehow or what I should check to get it to oil better? Any input appreciated.

Your saw should have an adjustable oiler turn the saw over and you should see a small hole with the same arrow as on your sprocket cover where you adjust chain tension. Get a small flathead screwdriver and turn the oil adjustment screw clockwise until it stops.....You should be good to go after that.

Your saw should have an adjustable oiler turn the saw over and you should see a small hole with the same arrow as on your sprocket cover where you adjust chain tension. Get a small flathead screwdriver and turn the oil adjustment screw clockwise until it stops.....You should be good to go after that.

Thanks ... figured it should but the previous owner couldn't find the manual and mine hasn't come in yet.

The..."one tank of oil to one tank of gas" is somewhat..."old-school"..!!

If your chain is getting plenty of oil..as you described..then just watch it and and run it..!!

This has been asked before with some of the newer saws...same answers.

Perhaps the newer saws have larger oil tanks..??

Some run their saws at MAX flow setting all the time.
:cheers:
J2F

Back