Stihl BioPlus B&C oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AuerX

constantly confused
Reaction score
Anyone use it?

I have trouble finding the G-Oil B&C oil so I got a quart from my local Stihl dealer to use on my own land as I like Biodegradable stuff.

How do you guys like it (if you ever used it).

The company I worked for used Bio Plus. We worked almost exclusively in sensitive watersheds or directly in a riparian zone. Bio Plus worked great and I would use nothing else but for the cost. Lubrication is fine and cleaning the saw is easy. The biggest advantage is of course the fact that the oil is rapidly biodegradable. I would cut mine (5 gallon buckets) down to about 1/3rd with canola oil from Costco.

Thanks 2dogs, Thats what I wanted to hear and it sounds Ideal for my limited non-Lumberjack use.

Two dogs is right, however l just use straight canola and its cheap and in my opinion better in a host of ways. Can use around waterways (save the fish), better on the lungs, better on the skin, better when you spill some as your dog will lick it up, better on the wallet, better lubrication properties. lt an absolute 'no brainer' IMO and i'll never waste a cent on expensive nasty bar oil again. Mine comes out of my deep fryer and smells like chips. Try it and you won't look back!

Two dogs is right, however l just use straight canola and its cheap and in my opinion better in a host of ways. Can use around waterways (save the fish), better on the lungs, better on the skin, better when you spill some as your dog will lick it up, better on the wallet, better lubrication properties. lt an absolute 'no brainer' IMO and i'll never waste a cent on expensive nasty bar oil again. Mine comes out of my deep fryer and smells like chips. Try it and you won't look back!

How cold does it get to congeal canola oil?

I've been running straight canola oil in my saws lately. As far as I can tell, there isn't much reason to buy anything labeled as bar and chain oil anymore.

I ran thru a Quart, No issues what so ever.

Between the BioPlus and TruFuel I got to say that after a day of cutting old Fallen wood Its all good.

I even passed the Wife's smell test! (Well Almost)

Never used bio plus but I do use canola. It works great and at $6 a gallon I save big.

Never used bio plus but I do use canola. It works great and at $6 a gallon I save big.
I don`t know the make up of what you term Canola but we have oil here in France which is obtained from Sunflowers. I find that it flows better & can be used at lower temperatures than what here is known locally as corn oil .Have also let it sit in a saw over the winter [brain fade] with no problems or congealing, here it is just a few cents more expensive than the Corn oil but cheaper than bar oil if bought in amounts up to 5 litres. Also cleans off easier than mineral based bar oil.

Back