Stihl Chain Advice required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi guys brain picking time, advice required for the most aggressive non square ground Stihl chain. What I`m looking into is to obtain a 70dl 3/8x050/1.3 NOT lo pro chain. I`ve visited the local dealers but they only offer green, not yellow in 063 gauge.they tell me that Stihl don`t make a yellow 3/8 x050 chain but I think thats Bu****it & they can`t be bothered to look up/or order. so my question is what Stihl letters /numbers do I require, & any pointers into obtaining one. Thanks Al.

Stihl certainly makes it, 33RS70 as NMURPH points out. But it is possible that this store's particular distributor doesn't carry that chain. I bet they do though.

I have a loop of that, fits a craftsman 3.7c.i. 18" bar. That is not a common length for stihl bars so you need to find a dealer that can make that length off a roll.

You won't go wrong with 33RM, it is semi-chisel round ground.

Thanks for your info guys, I will just have to travel a bit further from home to a bigger Stihl kit carrying dealer, the 3 local ones I guess are too tired to get off the stool behind the counter & go look, the one good guy got injured really badly in a motorcycle accident & his shop is closed at the moment. I can always look on the net but the post cost from the US is a sale killer.

I live also in Europe and my dealer also always has to make a loop. He doesn't have them premade.

Back