Stihl chain keeps coming loose

• Thread starter Deleted member 168049
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah brilliant, I've ordered the right one!

I've gotta ask, everyone talks about Harley T on here. How come you know so much about saws?
Poor career choices.....

Actually I only comment on fixing the saws back to the way they were designed, I leave mod and porting questions to others. I just fixed them back to the way they were meant to run.

Yes by the time you are done with this saw you will have one that is "like new" (and cost more) LOL
I will indeed. It won't cost anywhere near as much as a new saw, I'll have learned how to repair many elements on the saw, and how they should work properly also. Well worth doing in my eyes.

Castiron housings? A problem with the weight. Plus when driving past a scrap yard all the iron saws go to the large magnet they use, lol I just had to do it. It’s time I woke up. Too much sleep. No wonder why they went to magnesium and plastic.

But the Stihl guys are smart having a fix for that, must of happened often.

Castiron housings? A problem with the weight. Plus when driving past a scrap yard all the iron saws go to the large magnet they use, lol I just had to do it. It’s time I woke up. Too much sleep.

But the Stihl guys are smart having a fix for that, must of happened often.
I know it's one of the cheapest in Stihl's lineup, but I have definitely noticed some areas in which they've cut to save money. It's interesting that this is arguably the best saw brand on the planet, I'd hate to see what the worst is like

I love drilling holes in the magnesium, and putting a match to the drillings.
Pretty light show!!

Be careful lighting up magnesium you can’t put it out. I tried once with a droplet on fire on the cement floor. I had many Richard Pryor s going in different directions. Lucky it was in the weld booth.

I know it's one of the cheapest in Stihl's lineup, but I have definitely noticed some areas in which they've cut to save money. It's interesting that this is arguably the best saw brand on the planet, I'd hate to see what the worst is like

I’m not getting into a pizzing contest who’s the best it’s which brand can take and put up with most of the abuse. I see some really beat up saws. In Husqvarna and Stihl.

I’m not getting into a pizzing contest who’s the best it’s which brand can take and put up with most of the abuse. I see some really beat up saws. In Husqvarna and Stihl.
I didn't say you had to get into a pissing contest. I'm stating that stihl doesn't seem to have the quality I'd have expected

Latest posts

Back