Stihl Chainsaw I.D.?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Heys Studs,

Help me ID this Stihl saw...the seller knows nothing about saws and even less about how to ID one.
It's missing rear top cover and pictures are crappy/bad angles!

Anybody???

Thanks

Unknown Stihl Inked 1.jpgInked Unknown Stihl 2_LI.jpg

A little chilly today. How's things south?
Slightly cool with some gusty wind. Got a bunch handed around the house, going to toss out some winter rye & some Triple 13 fertilizer in the next few days.
This and winter are my favorite seasons!
BTW...got this finally wrapped up, a mix of white oak, pig nut hickory, and black locust...measures 8 x 5.5 x 3.5 = 154 sq. ft.
Garage Wood 1.jpg
Garage Wood 2.jpg

May concur with the 038 guys Reggie. Depends on what the guy wants for it. And how bad your CAD is. :innocent: Tried some oats for the first time for a cover crop. They are starting to go to head but will winter kill later . Winter wheat for a cover crop just planted.

May concur with the 038 guys Reggie. Depends on what the guy wants for it. And how bad your CAD is. :innocent: Tried some oats for the first time for a cover crop. They are starting to go to head but will winter kill later . Winter wheat for a cover crop just planted.
That what I'm kinda leaning towards Steve. If it is an 038, it may turn out to be the missing link I need, seeing how I just unearthed the "grizzled carcasses of two 038 mags" beneath a tangled mass of garage debris!:nofunny:
I tell ya what, they look rougher than a night in jail! Bare-bones parts at best.
He wanted $300 for the whole lot, but will sell individual saws...I should be able to nab it up for $35-50...I would think.;)
My CAD kind of comes and goes with the wind---similar to my romance aspirations these day.:laugh: :innocent: "Ohhhhhh---ze old grey mare--ain't what she use to be...:cry::dancing:

I like the winter rye as a good fill in my back & front yard...it grows thick, green, and really lush from Oct to middle May in my region.
Are you going to harvest any of the oats/wheat for feed or personal use?

That what I'm kinda leaning towards Steve. If it is an 038, it may turn out to be the missing link I need, seeing how I just unearthed the "grizzled carcasses of two 038 mags" beneath a tangled mass of garage debris!:nofunny:
I tell ya what, they look rougher than a night in jail! Bare-bones parts at best.
He wanted $300 for the whole lot, but will sell individual saws...I should be able to nab it up for $35-50...I would think.;)
My CAD kind of comes and goes with the wind---similar to my romance aspirations these day.:laugh: :innocent: "Ohhhhhh---ze old grey mare--ain't what she use to be...:cry::dancing:

I like the winter rye as a good fill in my back & front yard...it grows thick, green, and really lush from Oct to middle May in my region.
Are you going to harvest any of the oats/wheat for feed or personal use?
All cover crops. Plowed down in the spring for green manure. I hear ya on the old gray mare.

Latest posts

Back