stihl chainsaw o38 mag 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tested my 038 long time ago. If my thinker is thinkin rite it was about 170ish.

I can check later today if you wanna know for sure.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Hello, since a few days I started to restore my old Stihl 038 but I have a problem found a supplier who wants to ship to Canada, either for painting Stihl or Valspar none of which is not here and I can not find not here the painting corresponding to the true color Stihl. Someone would have a suggestion to make me, that would be a great help to me. Thank you for any answer.

Hello, since a few days I started to restore my old Stihl 038 but I have a problem found a supplier who wants to ship to Canada, either for painting Stihl or Valspar none of which is not here and I can not find not here the painting corresponding to the true color Stihl. Someone would have a suggestion to make me, that would be a great help to me. Thank you for any answer.
There is a paint made for Ford tractor wheels that is very close match.

Thank you for your answer, it really helps me a lot. With the gray goes, it is especially with the orange, it is really a problem to find a color that corresponds to the color Stihl. If you have any other suggestions for orange I am a taker. I have been restoring a 359 Husqvarna recently with the cut crankshat, I am sending you photos, I would like to have your comments.

Attachments

• 359, 55, 038 102.JPG
    359, 55, 038 102.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 359, 55, 038 096.JPG
    359, 55, 038 096.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 359, 55, 038 123.JPG
    359, 55, 038 123.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
I have used Kubota tractor orange for painting metal Stihl parts and then applying a coat of clear over that. I have not painted any plastic parts to date but there is specially made paint for doing so.

Thank you very muchto each of you, it's going to be very useful. There is a Kubota depositary not far from my home and I can buy online at Walmart where I can pick up.
Wonderful for me...:drinkingcoffee:

Back