Stihl club

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats better Stihl or Husky?

• Stihl

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • Husky

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

matt9923

Stihl bustin knuckles
Reaction score
People who own stihl saws, list the models you have and pros or cons.
Pleas dont post rubish about huskys being better ext....
This will we intresting to see how many members have stihl and what modles. Matt

066 very good saw great power to weight
041av amazingly powerful and about the same weight compared to 031`
031av good running saw, lacks a little in power
029s great saw very dependable, heavy as lead
ms170 hillariously powerful when modded

192t
200t

I haven't had any real problems with any of them and I like them all. I still want to get my hands on an 880 someday. Stihl makes great saws. One thing I notice about the rearhandle saws is the safety catches sometimes when you go to throttle, you have to have it just right to compress the throttle. It's probably safer that way, but it slows me down.

I run Husky and J-red too, they are great also.

Last edited:
hairy monkey balls.

whats your purpose? i said teh point was for no negativity, but sinse you have to be a #### what kinde of saw do you run, walmart home depot modle?
Please fill me in. if ran 6 huskys and 5 of them had bad throtle responce but it was most likley owner error but they are well built saws no harm in having both. But why we an a hole
Matt

056 mag II: strong enough to suprise me at first. average ergonomics
075x2: TORQUE cuts the same with 24" or 36" bars and I like the sound. Also one of my favorite full wrap handles.
084x2: Good enough that I like it in spite of being relatively modern. Good rpm for a saw this big. Never been beat by a stock 088/880
090: Old, no AV and not huge rpm but loses little or no rpm in the cut, not as heavy as you might think (anything with a 5' bar is heavy anyway) the feeling of easy power to spare cannot be duplicated by any other stock saw.

Ancient 041AV - starts every time cuts nice as you like. I'm going to pick up another one in the spring when I go back down to my cabin, near the dealer.
In fact I might just take a "winter" trip down there to check on the cabin and the 80-odd old used Stihls he has sitting in the workshop for sale..:)

Back