Stihl Contra Info Sharing Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bump to the front. Sorry, I only have one Lighning (shown here with some of its younger brothers).

P1010858.jpg

Al.

Oh they certainly do need cleaning up Mr 7oaks.
They are all runners and I use some, but mostly they sit under the bench waiting for my retirement! Whenever they crop up for sale I grab them. I also have five Canadien 270's and one of these days I will make one nice one and move the rest on. I had the same idea about the Stihls but I just can't bring myself to sell any them. With early retirement looming in October I guess they are all going to get a birthday fairly soon.

Al.

Oh they certainly do need cleaning up Mr 7oaks.
They are all runners and I use some, but mostly they sit under the bench waiting for my retirement! Whenever they crop up for sale I grab them. I also have five Canadien 270's and one of these days I will make one nice one and move the rest on. I had the same idea about the Stihls but I just can't bring myself to sell any them. With early retirement looming in October I guess they are all going to get a birthday fairly soon.

Al.

Well understood but beware - even after retirement you don't have much time to work on/play with your saws. :msp_wink:

Last edited:
Stihl Contra Triggers

I have noticed that some Contra triggers are white and some are black. Did they all come out white, and the ones that have black triggers have just been replaced? Or did they come out with both? I have also noticed this on the 090s.

I have noticed that some Contra triggers are white and some are black. Did they all come out white, and the ones that have black triggers have just been replaced? Or did they come out with both? I have also noticed this on the 090s.

there are 2 types of triggers.

new style black will not fit the older contras.

you might see some for sale on ebay and notice the difference

Last edited:
Another Stihl Contra S

I picked this up off ebay, a few days ago. The guy just had it listed as a Stihl Lightning, and turns out it has 1106s on the plate. It actually has a great story behind it. The previous owner, who bought it new, was Del Harrison. The seller said he had ties to the Finns logging. Has anyone heard of him? He said he would contact Dels wife and try to get some old photos of Del with his saw, which I think would be pretty cool. Anyway, it needs a little cleaning but that shouldn't be a problem. What do you think about the muffler? Enjoy!

I picked this up off ebay, a few days ago. The guy just had it listed as a Stihl Lightning, and turns out it has 1106s on the plate. It actually has a great story behind it. The previous owner, who bought it new, was Del Harrison. The seller said he had ties to the Finns logging. Has anyone heard of him? He said he would contact Dels wife and try to get some old photos of Del with his saw, which I think would be pretty cool. Anyway, it needs a little cleaning but that shouldn't be a problem. What do you think about the muffler? Enjoy!

It also needs an air filter.........I guess

Here's another pic.

I think Brad's ex army Contra has the same muff unless someone has done a very tidy 08 muff conversion ! Have a look back for Brads and compare, there was a thought it was a "jungle" muff something to do with better spark and heat containment.

That's SUPER awesome!:rock:

That's obscene! TS you should be banned for gloat.

Come on!
I do share!!
Plus we all like pics!!

coming soon to an episode of "Hoarders" :D

That is reality!!
The wife starts in hard when ever we see commercials for HOARDERS on TV!!

Here's another pic.

Jerk!!
Well actually, LUCKY!!!!
Nice score!

Looks like you have a hoarding problem TS youll have to get a handle on it !!

LOL!!!
Well one more handle is always needed!
Come to think about it, that's were my problem started!! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back