stihl crankcase splitter question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
yes i did a search..and i know i have seen a picture of one on here before. but im looking to purchase the stihl crankcase splitting tool or to fabricate a crankcase splitter. i called up my stihl dealer yesterday and he told me that there is a tool for the clutch side and one for the flywheel side. is this correct? long story short does anybody have any pics of the stihl tool or a good tool setup for splitting the case. ive got a 575, 066, and prolly a 385 to do shortly

i typed in all different wordings and couldn' come up with that thread..i'd seen it before and couldn't find it. thanks!

I use a heavy piece of angle iron with two holes drilled to fit the bar studs, another hole drilled over top of the crankshaft and use a two jaw puller to seperate Stihl crankcases. It's a trick I learned on this site - do a search and you should fine the pics of one. It works perfectly.

i typed in all different wordings and couldn' come up with that thread..i'd seen it before and couldn't find it. thanks!
Whenever I search for most anything stihl related...I always go to the advanced search and put "Lakeside53" into the username and then type in my search criteria into the searchbox ("crankcase splitting" for this one). Don't include the quotes when you put them into the username or search box.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back