STIHL, ECHO, SILKY no quick release?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The talk about the new Sintung got me thinking about how generally its a real PITA to swap heads around on alot of our power pruners and pole pruners.

SURELY it wouldnt be hard for stihl and echo etc to make it so there telescopic power pruners took seconds and not minutes to change hedge trimmer, chainsaw and circular saw attachments on there equipment.

We have a hedge which takes 2 of us 4 days to do. its 3 stories tall and we generally take 6000kgs off it every few years. We have to change heads a dozen times a day and it drives me nuts. Or do they all want us to buy multiple poles and power pruners?

The talk about the new Sintung got me thinking about how generally its a real PITA to swap heads around on alot of our power pruners and pole pruners.

SURELY it wouldnt be hard for stihl and echo etc to make it so there telescopic power pruners took seconds and not minutes to change hedge trimmer, chainsaw and circular saw attachments on there equipment.

We have a hedge which takes 2 of us 4 days to do. its 3 stories tall and we generally take 6000kgs off it every few years. We have to change heads a dozen times a day and it drives me nuts. Or do they all want us to buy multiple poles and power pruners?

husky mate, swap outs take me less then a minute

its a fixed shaft i find it pretty good, nice and light but it doesnt have a skill saw blade on it like the echo (they are discontinuing the blade one).

between the hedge trimmer and the chain saw i manage to do everything.

your 3 story high hedge is it a standing hedge or side of a building. i have a job i do twice a year trimming ficus minima back from windows and trimming it back so its against the house. we set up a dozen anchor points anlong the roof then we just abseil down doing what we need to.

I got the KM series Stihl fixed pole that takes multiple heads incl. the hedge trimmer I use all the time. Didn't even know Power Pruner, Stihl, etc., extendable poles took hedge trimmer attachments?

I would like to see an adjustable pole's head like the KM Stihl fixed pole series to make different angles on cuts. The first model of Power Pruner was set up so you could see the cut better and not have a chance of getting involved with the branch collar. Then they "improved" it and the gas tank blocked view most of the time.

Latest posts

Back