stihl flip gas cap leaking!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear Poulan Wild Things have real nice gas / oil caps.....

:monkey:
Poulan.jpg
Please...
ShowLetter.gif

Personally, I prefer the older screw caps, but that is only because I used them for many years. They do fail with age, doesn't everything!!

On the flip side, I have not yet had a newer one fail, even though I do not like them as much. I do think you need to be a little gentler with the new ones though, or something will give, and failure will occur more quickly.

went and got a new one today...definetly the problem. the new one is semi hard to turn, and the old one turned with no trouble at all. just wore out i suppose. thanks for all the help

I for one like the new caps. I make sure to get them in properly and that the caps are in good shape and I've never had one pop open on me. I like not needing a scrench to get the caps on and off.

I have found if the guys using the saws are careful, and double or triple check them (almost like your lanyard when climbing), then there are few if any issues. Rush them, and you will be fooled! :mad:

I have found if the guys using the saws are careful, and double or triple check them (almost like your lanyard when climbing), then there are few if any issues. Rush them, and you will be fooled! :mad:

right!..well sometimes who wants to spend 5 min closing your caps ive been at it for a while now and sometime will try 6 times before it sets right yea, you can do it but it a :censored: design and waste of time

:givebeer:

Friends I used to like stihl before they started the gadget syndrome it was the day I found husky kicks never looked back as I don't want a rubix cube I want a saw.

i love those caps especially on pole saws. my wife doesnt so like them so much, she wants to know why the whole load of wash smells like gas. i think they make them to humble people. how smart can you really be if you cant put on a gas cap?

Friends I used to like stihl before they started the gadget syndrome it was the day I found husky kicks never looked back as I don't want a rubix cube I want a saw.
That's how I felt when I checked out the huskys the other day.
More switches than thumbs.:hmm3grin2orange:

That's how I felt when I checked out the huskys the other day.
More switches than thumbs.:hmm3grin2orange:

Hmmmmmmm a choke separate of the kill switch is the way a saw is supposed to be I hate the stihl design and on off is all I want click ; click not which click is warm up man I forgot where did the full choke set hmmmmmmm now wth is run but then even once you get the biotch running it is lacking power and then the friggin air filter clogs yup shoulda got a husky.

right!..well sometimes who wants to spend 5 min closing your caps

If it takes you 5 minutes to close a cap, well then you need some practice. My girlfriend who uses saws 1 weekend a month if she is lucky, has no trouble getting the flip top caps seated correctly, in farrr less than 5 minutes.

Did everybody hear that? Holy :censored:

Yep back when the moon was bigger,they had screw on lids and a choke separate of the kill switch! Ya know back in the days they had the commercials of the saw falling out of a pu going two miles down a cliff and nothing hurt lmao.

I think we should start the " I hate the new fuel caps fan club". Our membership should exceed husky vs stihl. Also the new caps just acts like a funnel to inject dirt and wood chips in to the tank.

Latest posts

Back