• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl Fuel Can from ValleyFirewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Steven.. I was hoping those were not your nails. :)

Then the pic redeemed yourself. ;)

You have a very understanding wife. My wife puts up with my saw ****, but she is not taking any pics for me with her nails did... ;)

It's not about the money. Seventy dollars doesnt mean anything to me when I spent $11,000 on saws last year. But what does matter, is that my friends here need to be aware when there is a seller to beware of. What if it was several hundred dollars or $1k plus. There has to be an accounting when your selling here.

There was a gentleman that pm'd me and disclosed that they finally did receive the saw you sent them, but it wasnt the "model" saw you said it was in the listing. Also, you didnt disclose that the saw had a homemade "wire" choke lever to the buyer. That is something he has discovered since it arrived, and he hasnt had time to look deeper into the condition of the saw since.
I went back and looked at the listing for this saw, because I was somewhat interested in it at the time. The choke wire lever was mentioned in the original post describing the item. The model was in doubt because the id tag said 242xp and the sticker said 246xp. I have no idea what the buyer and seller finally decided it was, or what it finally turned out to be.

If your unhappy with the sale, send it back and I'll refund your money plus shipping.

I don't know what I should be "accounting" for?

You bought a gas can and sent the money. I shipped it out, kept you updated the whole time, and sent a tracking number.
It arrived in the condition stated in the ad.

Seems to me the whole deal went just fine.

It's not about the money. Seventy dollars doesnt mean anything to me when I spent $11,000 on saws last year. But what does matter, is that my friends here need to be aware when there is a seller to beware of. What if it was several hundred dollars or $1k plus. There has to be an accounting when your selling here.

There was a gentleman that pm'd me and disclosed that they finally did receive the saw you sent them, but it wasnt the "model" saw you said it was in the listing. Also, you didnt disclose that the saw had a homemade "wire" choke lever to the buyer. That is something he has discovered since it arrived, and he hasnt had time to look deeper into the condition of the saw since.

I have no dog in this fight, but I laughed so hard i almost shat my pants when I read this. I'm glad I voted yes to bringing back the bear.

Case re-opened:

Where exactly is all the tape/bubble wrap/ newspaper that VF guaranteed was used in the packaging process?

Are there two poor, mentally challenged children running loose through the Alaskan wilderness, wearing nothing but tape and bubble wrap?

ValleyFirewood, it doesn't matter if the can made it there undamaged this time. The way it was packaged it very well could have been damaged or not got there. Once you receive the money from the from the seller the item belongs to them and should be treated as such. After seeing this I would be skeptical to purchase anything from you because of that. Next time it could be a $1000 saw that doesn't show up or shows up damaged.

Thanks bryanr2 !!!

I don't see what the big deal is myself.
There's five or six that don't like this guy and they are bound and determined to give this guy a living hell every time he post something. Most of them are from another site that just come here to stir up trouble. Everyone had had their say in this and I agree the packing wasn't the best, but the can got there without harm. Who cares if it had gas in it, it's a gas can. This ones done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back