• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Stihl Fuel Can from ValleyFirewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well it showed up this past week. Box was basically disintegrated cardboard. It was crushed. Inside the box was crumpled up newspaper that offered no support. Obviously, the item was either mishandled or other stuff was stacked on top of it crushing it. Might have well been wrapped in wrapping paper. Luckily the object was metal and didnt get crushed. The other concern is the box reaks of fuel as if it had been soaked in it. When it was delivered I could smell fuel. Any item that ever had fuel in it, should be wrapped and sealed inside of bags that are inside of bags to mask the smell.

It really is a wonder that the item ever showed up, and that it wasnt pulled from the delivery truck. I was going to post a followup in the OP's thread, but he deleted it. I looked thru every listing back to Nov (it was posted end of Dec) and couldnt find it. There is no justifiable reason why a listing would be deleted. It should only be closed.

Yall take the info, and do what you want with it.

So you got what you wanted in good condition, but rather than telephone the man and explain your frustration with the Post Offices handling of the package, you come on here like a whiney b***h to slam him? You don't like the fuel smell even though it is a fuel can?You don't like the thread being deleted even though it's his thread?

Takes all kinds.

I'm not sure why you can't call me with concerns before crap talking on here, almost like you just wanted to find reason to bad talk some one. That speaks volumes for your character.

I don't know what disintegrated cardboard means but I used a good box and taped the hell out of it. If it came apart the Usps really beat it around. Put some pictures up.

I didn't pack it, but I had left clear instructions on that. We have a friend who foster child's two special needs native Alaskans and they help out at the shop. - gives them a sense of purpose and they do great work too. When I say special needs I mean a few years behind for their age, so high functioning.

They help me out stacking wood, cleaning the shop, etc, great workers!

Perhaps it didn't get packed quite right. They were to wrap it in bubble wrap and fill the rest of the box with newspaper. I know the bubblewrap roll was smaller and a pile of newspaper was gone.
What problem is with using newspaper? It's cheap, light, and works well.

Not to mention to make no mention of the extra gifts I included. I think on that package there were some pens, cups, maybe a hat or two? Your welcome I guess? Every package I've sent out has had something extra. A few got t shirts even.

As far as their being gas in the box, it must have leaked from another package while being shipped. There hasn't been gas in that can for easily 10 years and the cap was on it.

again, post photos so I can see.

I don't remember deleting the thread, I've had some threads just vanish, had a computer virus on my old computer (still getting fixed) so maybe it had something to do with that, I'm not sure, I have no idea how this all works. That or maybe I deleted it because it was sold, I don't remember.

A ~30 year old gas tank not used in a long time. It sat with the open spigot on in the shop for many years. I pulled the spigot off, and put the cap on. I remember it not smelling because I looked in the tank with a borescope when I listed it to make sure it wasn't rusted out.
There was no way possible for gas to get on the box from that can. I can only guess that another package while under the USPS care leaked on it.

When I ship saws I drain all the fluids and wrap them up in a trash bag just because it might leak a little bit still. The can had no chance of that.

In any case I'm not sure how the boxed being smashed is be any means something I could have done or prevented? It was packed tight in the box, I shook it to make sure. Also it was pretty much wrapped fully in tape.. I told the guys to tape the shizz out of it... they took it a bit far haha!

so, it hasnt had fuel in it for 10 years, and has had the cap on it for 10 years? But then "it sat with the open spigot on in the shop for many years" and you specifically remember it not smelling like fuel. Then you blame someone else's package for making it smell like fuel while in the care of usps.

Explain these pics then. Ya see the ring around the spout? that is fuel. And remnants of fuel all around it, and also down the front of the can. There is also fuel inside the can, although you say that "you took a borescope" to the inside of it. And then you claim that fuel from "someone else's package must have contaminated the box while under USPS care." Explain the fuel stains inside the box? How did that fuel get in there from someone else's package... while under USPS care?

Stihl Fuel Can from Valley Firewood-gas stain in box.jpg Stihl Fuel Can from Valley Firewood- fuel in can 5.jpg Stihl Fuel Can from Valley Firewood- fuel in can 4.jpg Stihl Fuel Can from Valley Firewood- fuel in can 3.jpg Stihl Fuel Can from Valley Firewood- fuel in can 2.jpg Stihl Fuel Can from Valley Firewood- fuel in can .jpg

So you got what you wanted in good condition, but rather than telephone the man and explain your frustration with the Post Offices handling of the package, you come on here like a whiney b***h to slam him? You don't like the fuel smell even though it is a fuel can?You don't like the thread being deleted even though it's his thread?

Takes all kinds.

a properly packaged box, doesnt "crush" bc there is no empty surface area between the box and the item. It has nothing to do with the Post Office.

Takes all kinds.

didn't say I had a problem with a fuel smell either, only that the fuel smell should have been concealed by the item being wrapped/ bagged.

he himself says that he didnt delete the thread... he blamed it on his computer.

so, it hasnt had fuel in it for 10 years, and has had the cap on it for 10 years? But then "it sat with the open spigot on in the shop for many years" and you specifically remember it not smelling like fuel. Then you blame someone else's package for making it smell like fuel while in the care of usps.

Explain these pics then. Ya see the ring around the spout? that is fuel. And remnants of fuel all around it, and also down the front of the can. There is also fuel inside the can, although you say that "you took a borescope" to the inside of it. And then you claim that fuel from "someone else's package must have contaminated the box while under USPS care." Explain the fuel stains inside the box? How did that fuel get in there from someone else's package... while under USPS care?

View attachment 398247 View attachment 398248 View attachment 398249 View attachment 398250 View attachment 398251 View attachment 398252
I don't care about the packing or the gas can. I just won't to say you have the prettiest hands I've ever seen!!!!

So VF is a little funny. We get that. You got your 70 dollar 30 year old gas can and it's undamaged. Don't buy anything from the guy any more. All this pissing and moaning, my how you sound like my ex wife! And I do hope those are your wife/girlfriends finger nails in that picture. Let it go already!

Takes all kinds.

I think the points Bryan2 is trying to make are:
The item could easily have been damaged by USPS because it was poorly packaged.
The package may very likely have never been delivered by USPS because it smelled of gasoline.
If a saw had been packaged like this it is highly likely to either never arrive at it's destination or arrived damaged. That fact should be taken into consideration if purchasing from valley Firewood.

Valley Firewood's past behavior is a good indicator that he is not likely to accept responsibility for his mistakes. I looks to me like he is blaming "two special needs native Alaskans foster children" for the packaging. Bryan2 bought this item from Valley Firewood. It is Valley Firewood's responsibility to see that the item is properly packaged. It is Valley Firewood's inability to accept responsibility for his own actions that created the need for this thread to hold him accountable.
In before the lock and or deletion.
DF

I think the points Bryan2 is trying to make are:
The item could easily have been damaged by USPS because it was poorly packaged.
The package may very likely have never been delivered by USPS because it smelled of gasoline.
If a saw had been packaged like this it is highly likely to either never arrive at it's destination or arrived damaged. That fact should be taken into consideration if purchasing from valley Firewood.

Valley Firewood's past behavior is a good indicator that he is not likely to accept responsibility for his mistakes. I looks to me like he is blaming "two special needs native Alaskans foster children" for the packaging. Bryan2 bought this item from Valley Firewood. It is Valley Firewood's responsibility to see that the item is properly packaged. It is Valley Firewood's inability to accept responsibility for his own actions that created the need for this thread to hold him accountable.
In before the lock and or deletion.
DF

You summed it up better than I could. Thanks for supplying everyone with the "clift notes" to the thread. :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back