Stihl gray spray paint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not succeed after several weeks of research to find a carrier who agrees to ship here in Quebec gray Stihl paint or Ford light gray aerosol. It's really a problem for me, I can not find any painting that could match for my Stihl

If you can't get it in a spray can, buy a cheap paint gun and get some custom mixed at a shop that sells automotive paint. Paint made for cars is going to be resistant to fuel and oil.

You can bring them a saw that has the right color paint and then can match it, too.

There is a Ford tractor gray. And, a Ford tractor light gray.

The light gray match’s Stihl well.
31fe24020bb6dd795dfa2eabc04d17c1.jpg

Tank/handle above.

I must be colorblind, every Stihl saw I've worked on that I can think of has been black, white and orange, no gray.

I found a seller who would agree to send me this one, I want to be sure to order the right color, thank you
Can you confirm that this color is the right one?

Attachments

• 5339-13_1.jpg
    5339-13_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 17
I must be colorblind, every Stihl saw I've worked on that I can think of has been black, white and orange, no gray.
Stihl white is not pure white by any means. There is a bunch of black dye and Lord knows what else mixed into Stihl white, so it's what we used to call on off white. The closest white I have ever seen to pure white was used to paint my limited edition 1991 Toyota Celica GTS and my Dad's Arctic White 1959 Buick Electra 225 convertible.

I'd call it white before I'd think it to be gray. Gray is the color of a Bridgeport milling machine, not a Stihl saw.

I'd call it white before I'd think it to be gray. Gray is the color of a Bridgeport milling machine, not a Stihl saw.
Well I guess lots of guys try to touch up scratched saws and want to match the color as closely as possible. Pure white on a Stihl saw tends to stand out like a sore thumb.

Oh, and BTW, I asked a Stihl saw that I thought needed some touchup paint if she would run better and faster with that extra makeup on board. She said, "No entire way!"

resurrecting an old thread - does anybody have an alternate gray stihl paint that can be bought today ? All of the above mentioned paints are no longer available except the Majic Light ford gray at TSC. It not an exact match - close but not perfect. thanks

resurrecting an old thread - does anybody have an alternate gray stihl paint that can be bought today ? All of the above mentioned paints are no longer available except the Majic Light ford gray at TSC. It not an exact match - close but not perfect. thanks
If you have a good surface to scan, NAPA can scan it and mix, then put into spray can if you like.

These are reportedly the GERMAN paint codes for Stihl paint, I don't know how to translate to American paint codes. Old Stihl white is German paint code RAL 7035. Old Stihl Red/Orange is RAL 3000. New Stihl orange is RAL 2004. New Stihl white is RAL 9010. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back