Stihl Grub Screw Tank Vents?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the ipl pic from the 026, it shows 2 versions of the tank vent, ref#s 18-22 show the vent with Brad's flapper, #22 being Brad's flapper, which I am sure that it is a fine flapper, and works well, as intended, etc....

tankvent 001.JPG

My comments have been to point out the risks of using a grub screw tank vent, as he referenced. Those comments he read stemmed from working on a 084, thus my comments concerning that model. I am not saying that they will work on all saws. If it won't work on his saw, I would look for another alternative.

The 084 tank is made for these mushroom valves. The tit sticks up through the hole from inside the tank. You simply pull on that tit until the valve snaps into place. Remove the grub screw from the vent hose and you're done.

The 084 tank is made for these mushroom valves. The tit sticks up through the hole from inside the tank. You simply pull on that tit until the valve snaps into place. Remove the grub screw from the vent hose and you're done.
That is what I am talking about. How was the grub screw setup affixed to the tank?

And take that filter off, here's the "flapper"...View attachment 519747
Not quite... This is a similar setup to the mushroom but uses something similar to a gas cap vent and mounts from the *top* of the tank. Apparently this design still leaked too much for the EPA or Stihl so the design was changed to the red "mushroom" that mounts from the inside.

I am not a teenager anymore. I don't sit around and buff my junk much anymore....

Pics of that Fish?...or maybe not

Topic aside, those umbrella check valves can be replaced with Holley carb bowl vent valve #26-41, about a dollar each at the race shop, much cheaper than Stihl 1110-353-1600!

Latest posts

Back