Stihl HT 101 shaft problem...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Dan

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have this pole saw that runs but has a shaft issue. Anyone have any experience with these? How hard and costly is it to replace the spline drive or whatever is inside the shafts? Let me know.

Dan

I replaced the shaft in one last year. It's messy, it's a bit "involved". Take lots of pics as you disassemble. Don't let it sit in pieces for any longer than necessary. It will be easier if it's still fresh in your mind. Mine sat for weeks before I had time after the part came in. Shaft was around $80. If I can do it, anyone can.

I replaced the shaft in one last year. It's messy, it's a bit "involved". Take lots of pics as you disassemble. Don't let it sit in pieces for any longer than necessary. It will be easier if it's still fresh in your mind. Mine sat for weeks before I had time after the part came in. Shaft was around $80. If I can do it, anyone can.
I have one now that needs that repair .

Hey, Dan. :hi:

I've heard that the Stihl shafts bend easily (and are not cheap), which is why I plan on buying an Echo. :)

Latest posts

Back