Stihl HT 131 New Generation Pole Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious why they brought the 131 back but not the 101 and instead kept the 103 which is essentially the same as the 133 but with the smaller powerhead.

I never liked the new HT's. The spring system in the shaft is very fragile. I don't like that twist wrap lock to loosen and tighten the shaft, don't like the left side bar and chain and don't like the 1/4" picco. I've had customers request me to switch it back to the 3/8P. Just a bad upgrade. Feels like a fisher price.

Edit: And I hate the spring assisted choke lever on all the updated 4-mix powerheads and the FS94R. Such a flimsy piece of ****. It doesn't always release the lock and if it has any usage, sometimes it's very difficult to lock in choke. Just an all around piece of ****. They do this to make it more user friendly. My question is why? It's supposed to be a commercial unit.

I'm curious why they brought the 131 back but not the 101 and instead kept the 103 which is essentially the same as the 133 but with the smaller powerhead.

I never liked the new HT's. The spring system in the shaft is very fragile. I don't like that twist wrap lock to loosen and tighten the shaft, don't like the left side bar and chain and don't like the 1/4" picco. I've had customers request me to switch it back to the 3/8P. Just a bad upgrade. Feels like a fisher price.

Edit: And I hate the spring assisted choke lever on all the updated 4-mix powerheads and the FS94R. Such a flimsy piece of ****. It doesn't always release the lock and if it has any usage, sometimes it's very difficult to lock in choke. Just an all around piece of ****. They do this to make it more user friendly. My question is why? It's supposed to be a commercial unit.
I imagine the 131 outsold the 101 by a good bit? I agree on the choke lever deal. While it doesn't seem flimsy to me, like the flimsy kill lever on my 346, it is hard to get large fingers inside the shroud to turn it while pushing it down.

Latest posts

Back