Stihl HT75 bar oiler pump old style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overlooker

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an older Stihl HT75 pole saw with the oil tank that is a complete tank rather than the newer style where half the tank is plastic and the other half is part of the metal housing. I have seen videos on how to remove and replace the oiler on the newer style but not the older style. Anyone have experience with the older unit? Thanks, Overlooker

Ozhoo, you made my day and far exceeded my expectations! This info will save me lots of time in the future keeping my pole saw functional. I have already rebuilt the drive shaft, but I know I would have saved lots of time had I had this manual to refer to then. Thanks so much for sharing! Overlooker

I pulled the pump, cleaned and reinstalled it, and now the bar oil flows freely! I need to replace the sprocket, the shroud and the throttle cable, and I will be ready for spring! Thanks again for your help. Overlooker

Should I use an impact driver? Lefty thread or righty?
Yes impact while holding the sprocket with a large pliers.Might Be an arrow on it,I think it is reverse thread look at what way the chain rotates they put it on so it wont come off from that motion, follow? also note to position and direction of the concave washers in there .

Thanks for the Tech Info. I'm anxious to see what comes with my sprocket order. I hope the cup springs are included. I don't know if my saw has the friction clutch or not. This is getting more complicated than I expected!

Latest posts

Back