Stihl is WAYY better than Huskie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anything, ANYTHING, I can say to get this thread back off/on track?

Hey THALL...YOU SUCK!!!

(that oughta get him...)

Sorry Woodie but you got a J-Red man in your camp that is full of schit and he's leaking it all over the place,LOLOL

This was a perfectly good thread...some solid bullcrappin' goin's on, and you guys got to spoil it with fightin'.

Well I am depressed...

Plumber, Belgian, 2000, Joat...get back in here and let's get this bullcrapped up again!!!

WE NEED A POEM JOAT!!!!!

(and slam THALL in it while you're at it...)

bcorradi

I'm not here to start bad blood between us, and that is not my intention.
I can say that I do business with a large Stihl dealer and can walk in to his shop and because of all the 2 cycle oil I buy ( cases) and all the bar oil cases) and all the chains I buy and have sharpened there - I could IMO buy a 700 saw for 550 or even less if it has sat on his self long enough. I know this because I have done it. There is a large mark up , I have seen it.

Why don't you POST some dealer prices ? Why don't any Stihl dealers post dealer prices ...... I think we all know why .

Anyway like I have always said all the good saws are good , I'd never bash Stihl .. but I will bash their sales tactics. JMO

Wood Rat

Still waiting on all those costs you claim you know, lets get with the program here. If you don't know just say so and I'll quit bugging ya. If you do know lay em on me..

Ohhh no...another guy sporting "Wood" in his username, has red and black in his avatar, and blowing jibberish. j/k

bcorradi

I can say that I do business with a large Stihl dealer and can walk in to his shop and because of all the 2 cycle oil I buy ( cases) and all the bar oil cases) and all the chains I buy and have sharpened there - I could IMO buy a 700 saw for 550 or even less if it has sat on his self long enough. I know this because I have done it. There is a large mark up , I have seen it.

Why don't you POST some dealer prices ? Why don't any Stihl dealers post dealer prices ...... I think we all know why .

Anyway like I have always said all the good saws are good , I'd never bash Stihl .. but I will bash their sales tactics. JMO

Ok...yeah I'd have to guess he would be selling you that saw at close to cost.

bcorradi

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Why don't you post some dealer prices, you claimed you knew them. I'll give you one just to make you happy, MS170, sells for 179.95, costs the dealer 160.00 so where is the huge mark up??????????????????????????????????????????????????

LOL...

i wasn't trying to be argumentative...i was just trying to have you state why you think stihl is any different then any of the other brands, in that regard.

Dummer that a box of rocks!!!!!!

I use them both and love both of my saws. I also have a couple of Homelites and might purchase a Dolmar 7900 soon. If you purchase the right saw for your application there should be no 'real' difference. It is when you try to apply a saw not intended for your use that problems occur. On hte extreme side, I recently saw a Stihl 250 [45cc] saw with a 28 inch bar. The poor little saw was laboring with about 24 inches under cut. All I heard from the owner was how crappy Stihl saws were and how his big old Husky wouldn't have had a problem. His Husky was a 72cc saw. He informed me that he didnt want to pay that much for a new saw so he went with the Stihl 250 since he had a buddy who loved that saw. He also commented on the whimpy little 18 inch bar his buddy used!

Did you give him a tune up and tell him that at least his buddy knew the 18" bar is the reccomended Max bar length for that saw and that if he really wanted to run a 28" bar he would need another 30cc's ( 440/460) and be good to go like a normal person would?????? :monkey: :monkey: :stupid:

Ya just can't fix STUPID!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Why don't you post some dealer prices, you claimed you knew them. I'll give you one just to make you happy, MS170, sells for 179.95, costs the dealer 160.00 so where is the huge mark up??????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'll bite for fun here Tom, you know the 170 and 180 are priced as give aways to lure and draw them in and lay the bait out in front of the harry homeowner like me and then give alittle line on the drag and then say well boy what you really need is this there 361,440,441,460,660,880 and then you say here go make some cuts with them and compare and see. Well first the 170 then the 361. You set the hook hard and you just reeled in another harry homeowner. Ka-ching
This is just for fun and nothing intended Champ.:cheers:

I'll bite for fun here Tom, you know the 170 and 180 are priced as give aways to lure and draw them in and lay the bait out in front of the harry homeowner like me and then give alittle line on the drag and then say well boy what you really need is this there 361,440,441,460,660,880 and then you say here go make some cuts with them and compare and see. Well first the 170 then the 361. You set the hook hard and you just reeled in another harry homeowner. Ka-ching
This is just for fun and nothing intended Champ.:cheers:

LOLOLOL, so true Cut, it is a price break saw to getcha in the door. However there is no Stihl saw marked up more than 23-24%. Thats a fact...

Another perfectly good thread shot to hell...

Awwwwwwwwwww Woodie we didn't want to ruin the BS thread with some truth about costs and mark ups but sometimes ya gotta set the record striaght, sorry ole boy. Then again NOT!!!,LOL

This thread was great, but now it's done,
All of this yappin has spoiled our fun.
We need to tease and kid some more,
Get rid of the 'tudes, and no more bore!!

Latest posts

Back