Stihl Lightning Handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMGunslinger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone has a throttle handle/av system or something for a Stihl Lightning or 090 being either one will work. The postal service was kind enough to brake the handle on my saw in 5 places and being its case AL you cannot mend it.

Thanks, eM G
:cry::cry::cry:

If no one has a used one and you can't find one on ebay it might be worth checking your local dealer. Both the handle (1106 790 0302) and support (1106 791 7600) are still available over here.

If no one has a used one and you can't find one on ebay it might be worth checking your local dealer. Both the handle (1106 790 0302) and support (1106 791 7600) are still available over here.
Ok great, do you know if you can still order parts for the old style boom AV system? I know it shows up on there parts catalog but, I have never actually tried to order one.

Ok great, do you know if you can still order parts for the old style boom AV system? I know it shows up on there parts catalog but, I have never actually tried to order one.

The boom handle is nla, along with the lower av mount etc. However, I believe the back handle (1106 790 0305) and clamp (1109 791 9000) for that av system are still available. I would stress that is the situation in the UK though, from experience your dealer in the US may not be able to get the parts.

Am I dreaming or isn't your saw the one off ebay with the hose clamp holding the rear handle together?

Post a pic of the broken parts. I have totes of 090 parts and what someone calls one part is not what someone else calls the part.

Bill

This was the original style rear handle to the Contra cases. (non AV)
CIMG3386.jpg

Are we not talking about mending the rear handle on your modified 090av? When you metioned the boom handle I assumed it was. Borrowed this picture of your saw from another thread;

34qra09.jpg

Hose clamp holding the rear handle together.

If it is this saw then the parts I listed in my second post would be the relevant parts.

Then it may be this? (which was the rear AV handle support for the Contra AV, early 090AV and early 070AV.

CIMG3387.jpg

Back