Stihl "log" side cover tags - PUT YOUR NAME DOWN!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
Great stuff! I'll phone the guy tomorrow and see if he's back to work - if it's just a cold he'll probably be there and I'll place the order. If it's actually the flu I presume he'll be off for a few days, so I'll keep the order book open until he's back to work...

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
Cheers, aandabooks.
Just off the phone with the shop and the guy does actually have "flu", not just a cold - so I expect he'll be off a few more days. Keep the interest coming!

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
Just called and the guy is still off - she thinks he's probably going to be off all week. The girl didn't just sound tired (8am here), it sounded like she was actually still lying in bed... :D
So the order book is still open!

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
Usual bump - the fella should be back on Monday, so assuming he has received the NOS badge I sent him to copy and is happy that he can do the job - I'll order there and then.
Until then - order book still open, roll up, roll up! :)

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
OK, soon-to-be badge owners, just a quick heads up. I have a NOS side cover with badge already fitted sitting here, and have noticed something - the clearances are slightly different on the top and bottom of the badge. This is how it came from the factory, and this is the badge the new ones will be copied from. So you MAY have to very slightly oval one or both rivet holes in order to get the badge completely central, if you are very very picky!
I took some pics to show what I mean.

Clearance at lower edge of badge - minimal.

IMG_4841.jpg

Clearance at upper face of badge - plenty.

IMG_4842.jpg

Pic of whole cover, with NOS badge and recoil starter pre-fitted, and an oil cap thrown on -

IMG_4843.jpg

It's something you would only notice if you were REALLY looking closely, but I was REALLY looking closely!
Whether this was due to production tolerances or not I don't know - there may be enough slack in the rivets to move the badge around to where you want it, rather than bother with 2 strokes of a file to oval the hole!

Just thought I should let you all know, in case you think the reproductions were made badly!

Urbicide

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
IMG_4843.jpg

It's something you would only notice if you were REALLY looking closely, but I was REALLY looking closely!
Whether this was due to production tolerances or not I don't know - there may be enough slack in the rivets to move the badge around to where you want it, rather than bother with 2 strokes of a file to oval the hole!

Just thought I should let you all know, in case you think the reproductions were made badly!

Hah! Drinking while working on the saws again! We see :Eye::Eye: those bottle caps and I know they are not off of an Irish milk bottle.

Patrick, you are a bad influence.
Now you got me wanting to pop open a cold one. :givebeer::cheers::givebeer:

Last edited:
PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
You missed the base of the wine glass... ;)
Yes, afraid Carlsberg Export was half price tonight - thought I'd better buy 54 bottles. 10 gone so far, I hope they last till the morning when I'm expecting my 020t to arrive...

PatrickIreland

PatrickIreland

ArboristSite Guru
Time, Gentlemen! Last orders at the bar... bar closes when I get to work tomorrow, which is about 24 hours away... then EVERYTHING stops until I get the badges, no orders will be taken unless I have too many left over and you feel like making a $20 donation per badge to Cancer Research...

Latest posts