"stihl man" again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Had recently posted that I bought a 395xp. Ran about 6 tanks through it and TOTALLY hate the saw. It cuts like a beast but ergonomically it can not compete with Stihl. It felt like I was manipulating a cinderblock with handles. Long story short, I returned it to the dealer and picked up my 660. I dont care if the Husky may cut just alittle faster. I enjoy having all controls at my right thumb, the chain brake is better and the husky is mostly plastic. Im not putting it down it is a good saw but it's not a Stihl.:cheers:

been my experence with Husky as well. I've tryed a few and just didn't like 'em . WDO

Deep down inside that 395xp is just a Wildthing.:popcorn:

Good choice on the 660. Now, go back and get the dual port muffler cover and you'll love it even more. Part# 1122-140-0800..................454

I cant see how there can be any benefit to the separate controls. I really did give that thing an honest try. :clap:

I like both the 395 and 066. For felling on Steep yarder strips I like the 066 but for bucking I like the 395 because bucking is usally harder on saw cosmetics (covers, starters, chain brakes and of course dirt. The husky has a way better air filter system and is much cheeper to replace broken parts than the stihl. I couldn't live without both.

Now see! I kept reading about Husky's in here and considered buying one next time. Glad I didn't.

I'm packing 2-046's..a 036, 031, 025, 210 and my 023 climbing saw. Not to mention my second Stihl pole saw.

Stihl waiting on my stihl coffee cup. How many damn Stihl's do you have to buy before you get a damn coffee cup?
They try an give me hats..I don't wear hats..I wanna coffee cup dammit.:blob4:

he allowed me to give it back. I lost no money. He said since he suggested the saw and I didn't like it he would do it that way. I ended up with the 660 a 28" es bar, 6 pack of oil and flashlight for my kid. Not a bad deal. I would never say a bad word about an Amishman.:clap:

lol

Cherrycutter, that 395 is the worst feeling saw I have ever picked up. I played with the 395 for a few minutes. Picked it up, felt how much I hated it.....put it down, picked it up again, and hated it more the second time. That saw is awful feeling in the hands...like a damn cinderblock. I like both stihl and husky, but the 660 feels WAY WAY better than the 395 in my hands. No dought. But....I went and picked up a 390xp a few days later and thought: WOW, this isn't hardly any bigger than my 372, and it is way better feeling than the 660. I had both the 660 and the 390xp side by side. Needless to say, I plunked the cash down for the 390 powerhead. Can't wait till my best friend buy's his 660 so I can do a side-by-side comparison of the two.

Rock on:
:rockn:
-chad

Back