Stihl Media Cat price lists

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't figured out yet how to move file to documents so I can e-mail blow-ups.

To integrate the price list with the mediacat requires going onto Stihl's site and
following the instructions there, but the owner won't give me the password, because
I would have access to his financial history, etc.

If the guys here knew about it much, they would love a copy, it would be the "Holy
Grail" of the round table of Arboristsite.

Yah I sure would like a copy even if its printed..I woul laminate it and put it in its own special binder...n treat it like it was one of my kids..if i had any.LOL

I have a couple ways to move the media cat files.

1. If I only want a particular page to show a specific item, I use a free screen print program. After I save it in screen print, MS Windows has an editing program so I can save it as a .jpg file making it much smaller for sending and downloading.

2. If I want to create an IPL from the entire section of media cat for any given saw, I use adobe acrobat. It gets a little complicated and there may be an easier way, but I use acrobat to basically print each page and then save them. Then I use acrobat to take those saved pages and put them together into a .pdf file.

If your interested in more info let me know through e-mail of PM and I can give you more specifics.

Tom

I do have a copy of a .txt file for media cat prices. However, when I go into media cat to Import the list, it recognizes the file, but the OK button does not highlight to allow me to Import.

So either I am missing some steps, or there is another file I am missing.

Tom

thompson1600 said:
I do have a copy of a .txt file for media cat prices. However, when I go into media cat to Import the list, it recognizes the file, but the OK button does not highlight to allow me to Import.

So either I am missing some steps, or there is another file I am missing.

Tom

The file you get from Stihl only works once... Media cat writes something back to the original file to stop it being used a second time. [Hint... so just save the orginal before using it, and only use the orginal].

I sure would like a media cat price list too, one that I could import into my program, and find prices like the dealers do. Would make life so much easier.

I have a couple ways to move the media cat files.

1. If I only want a particular page to show a specific item, I use a free screen print program. After I save it in screen print, MS Windows has an editing program so I can save it as a .jpg file making it much smaller for sending and downloading.

2. If I want to create an IPL from the entire section of media cat for any given saw, I use adobe acrobat. It gets a little complicated and there may be an easier way, but I use acrobat to basically print each page and then save them. Then I use acrobat to take those saved pages and put them together into a .pdf file.

If your interested in more info let me know through e-mail of PM and I can give you more specifics.

Tom
Cutepdf writer is what u need and the file that goes with it
It acts like a printer but makes pdf

Its free

These Are the Files Needed

http://www.filehorse.com/download-cutepdf-writer/

You Need 2 Files the CutePDF and the converter

looking at the web page its the green bar on upper right file size 1.9 meg

other one click on Here !

Note: Requires PS2PDF converter such as Ghostscript (recommended). You can get the free GPL Ghostscript 8.15 here.

once installed it acts like a printer so you'll have to select it when you print and just name file and location to save too

Not too sure if this will help my friends across the Atlantic, however, the following file that I have uploaded is a Comma Delimited File containing Stihl part numbers along with a description of the part and a current price. The price is UK RRP excluding VAT, so in the UK the recommended retail price plus 20% vat, so if a part in the file is 10.00 it is £12.00 recomended retail price set by stihl uk. If you can make anything of the file and convert it to USD with the current exchange rate then please do, I hope you get some use out of it, even if you just use it for the descriptions so you know what part numbers are what parts.

It contains 33,821 part numbers with corresponding Description and price excluding 20% uk vat

so for example

ST4703 700 4610,VALVE BLOCK ASSEMBLY,113.59

Part Number: ST47037004610
Description: Valve Block Assembly
UK RRP EXCLUDING 20% vat: £113.59
So in the example above anyone in the UK would have to pay £136.31 to purchase the above part if sold at Stihl's RRP.

some more examples

ST3002 000 9757,GUIDE BAR ROLLOMATIC,115.61
ST4226 710 6061,BLADE (SET OF 2),115.61
ST3002 000 8045,GUIDE BAR DUROMATIC,115.61
ST4308 641 5300,GEAR HOUSING LOWER P,115.73
ST1125 120 0613,CARBURETTOR,115.75
ST6909 780 5400,*AIP600 IPROTECT CAN,115.83
ST6000 430 0527,USE 60004300537,115.89
ST3003 000 6046,GUIDE BAR ROLLOMATIC,116.13

I really hope you can make use of this file, the prices in the file were up to date upto December 2015

Attachments

• stihlDescriptions.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Other Brands I have the same price/description/part number data for include, HUSQVARNA, MAKITA, FLYMO, HAYTER, MOUNTFIELD, KAWASAKI, BRIGGS AND STRATTON, HONDA, ETC ETC ETC, if anyone would like a copy of any other price file brands then please, (just bear in mind they are up to date to Dec 2015 and are UK RRP excluding VAT) ask.

Back