Stihl Model Numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twowithone

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is there a chart out there somewhere that can tell you the old Stihl numbers to the new numbers like 026 is a MS or a 034 is a MS. Thx for replys guys.

Yes thats what I mean. I have an 026 and a 034 and wondered what the new ms numbers were threw away my chain boxes and 2 bars are getting hard to read.
Pretty sure 026 converts to 261. And maybe there was a 260 before the 261. I took my 026 to a Game of Logging training and the guy next to me had a 261. The instructor told him not to laugh at my saw - it was the grandfather of his.

( 018 & ms180 )= same series. (025 & ms250 )= same series ( 036 & ms360 )= same series
( 044 & ms440 )= same series. In all examples the parts are virtually interchangeable
When Stihl jumped to ODD numbered saw models they completely changed style and parts
There is nothing the same between the ms250 and the ms251 for example! It’s just an assumption
that Stihl did this in order to stay ahead of the surplus of OEM used and AM parts
I’ve been informed by another member of the forum awhile back that the ms170, ms180 & ms250
have been discontinued and replaced by the ms171, ms181 & ms251

Yes thats what I mean. I have an 026 and a 034 and wondered what the new ms numbers were threw away my chain boxes and 2 bars are getting hard to read.
Clean the bar and then take a piece of white paper and lay over the area with the bar info. Take a lead pencil and lightly go over that area. You may be able to "lift" the numbers if the bar isn't to worn.

Latest posts

Back