Stihl MS 260.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the old Jonsereds 49cc models are little beasts, the 490, 52 and 521 especially. Torquey, yet like high RPM's, too.

Jimbo

jimbo1490 said:
All the old Jonsereds 49cc models are little beasts, the 490, 52 and 521 especially. Torquey, yet like high RPM's, too.

Jimbo

Yep, great saws :blob5: !!!!!

Mange, some of those take like 18-20 tank fulls before they let themselves loose, so don't get discouraged just keep running it.

Tach the saw out at 14000 also.

Mange said:
Jonsereds 490, 6 months ago.

This one is close, but not quite as powerful.

Mange, as I know you know your saws, the only point i wanted to make or compare is how old was the Jonsey 490, how much use did it have already ?

The point I am trying to make I guess is how close were these 2 saws in their break in and normal use for comparison purposes. If the 260 had less use and the 490 more would it not be normal for the 490 to have a bit of an edge.

This is not a new Ms 260, it is from -01, according the label.
I think it has some hrs on it too, but not all that, I looked at the rim, it is worn, but not finished, this chain too, then it is gone.
It has a new bar and chain, not much used, I would think there has to been replaced, since the rim is worn beyond one chain, I think.

I think the 490 peaked it's perfomence a long time ago, and still..........

I understand your point, but this is almost fair, more in favor of the 490 if any favor is given.........

Back