Stihl MS 290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started to make one out of an aluminum license plate and decided to just leave well enough alone. This one is the 46mm p/c which is one mm bigger than it was. I ordered a piston for this one before I realized they weren't all 46mm. Ultra tight fit so I went ahead and bought a 46mm p/c for it rather than buy the 45mm piston for it..

No big deal people where saying you can't find em at box stores. One things for sure they don't look right being this clean.

After I reread the earlier posts I realized where you were coming from. I don't consider even the largest hardware store a big box store. Big box stores are Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. One thing that separates Ace from big box stores is that they are individually owned.

Most Ace stores are independently owned stores. Sure, there are a few multi store chains out there, but by and large they are far from being a box store.

Same goes for True Value. I own a True Value store and I'm also a Stihl dealer. We're a damn good servicing dealer too. I couldn't make a living where I'm at just selling OPE, so it has to be part of my larger hardware and building materials business.

Correct, Ace is not a big box store such as Lowe's or Home Depot. And if I were buying something such as an Echo leaf blower (which I have owned two and have been pleased with them) I purchase from the local Echo dealer in town, not Home Depot which sells Echo. Big box stores do not sell Stihl however.

Back