• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl Ms 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millerhill520

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have finished 2 Stihl Ms 361's. I'll give you a rundown of them quick:

Saw number 1:

Tore it down, power washed, then cleaned with degreaser. You'll see when you see the pics, it got very clean!

Split the cases, replaced bearings. Crank was fine. Bearings weren't bad either, but I had Oem here, so why not?

Honed the cylinder, replaced rings.

Saw received all Oem genuine stihl consumables. That is seals, gasket, fuel line, fuel filter.

Did not replace air filter, it was clean enough.

Rebuilt the carb with Oem carb kit.

Replaced the bar cover with an Oem one, brand new.

Picked a nice 20" es Stihl bar, and made a new 3/8 rs chain.

Saw runs awesome. Ill send a video of it. I am on the first tank of fuel, I like to run at least a tank to let the rings set, and usually if there's any hiccups in the rebuild it will rear its head right off. There's been nothing so far. This saw has nice looking plastics, a new bar cover, was 67.00, I know....

Anyway, I want 380.00 for the saw. Send me pm with email and you get detailed pics showing the build and the split cases, the Oem parts, the saw assembled and the video.

I am going away next Monday, but can still show pics and video while I am away.

Saw number 2:

Tore down, cleaned thoroughly. Did not have to split cases.

Replaced all Oem consumables, same as above
Honed cylinder, sake piston, replaced rings.
Rebuilt carb Oem kit.
20" bar, new 3/8 chain.
This saw is less money, and here is why:
I spent less time on the build, it didn't need the cases split.
The air filter cover had a very slim and small crack on top left corner. It has been glued and sealed. You'll have to see pics, it is not that bad at all. The covers are not as clean as the other one, they are used like a tree service would use em. The bar cover is not new as well.
I haven't started this saw yet, but I will today or tomorrow. It is going to get thoroughly run and checked out, like the other, and a video shot of it for you guys.
I want 340.00 for this one.

Anyone interested, please p.m me and I need to do pics and videos with email, as my phone shuts down when I send pics and videos of that volume. We can talk or text by phone, no problem, and some pics if there's details you want to see.

Thank you everyone.

I can't figure out how to upload them on the site, like I had written. I have okenty of pics for those that are interested in the saw.

I need to edit the saw number 2,

There is no such thing as a sake piston. It is an Oem piston. Al, the parts on both saws are Oem.

Auto correct is the worst pia here is.

I am sorry for the mistake.

Bump for millerhill. Saws look good and run good. Was interested in saw 1 and he sent lots of pics and videos of saw running. I stumbled into a mint 038 mag and had to pull the trigger. Otherwise I would have bought saw 1.

Back