stihl ms 362 m-tronic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So why does Stihl have a 441 m-tronic, but not a ms 362?..seems everyone like the m-tronic better then then conventional saw. I would think it would better compete with the Husqvarna 562xp, as it's autotune..

It's not really about what saw geeks dream up as cool, but rather what will sell in the market place. Adding $80 to the price of the MS441 for the M-Tronic version resulted in a success. Doing the same to a lower price point saw might not sell as well.

It's all about EPA regulations, From what i understand Husky developed auto Tune and Stihl Bought the
Patent so they could comply with epa regulations. Stihl just calls there Auto Tune - M-Tronic
Just the way i understand it, I could be wrong?

It's all about EPA regulations, From what i understand Husky developed auto Tune and Stihl Bought the
Patent so they could comply with epa regulations. Stihl just calls there Auto Tune - M-Tronic
Just the way i understand it, I could be wrong?

You are right as far as I know, except that Stihl can't use the 2.nd generation Autotune.

Why does 2nd generation AutoTune require primer, full choke, and half choke? It just seems a little behind M-Tronic in refinement to me.

Back