Stihl MS-441 C-M Dies After Idling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe anyone answered the question of whether the 441 and 562 share the same zama carb...o_O:givebeer:

I don't believe you'll ever get an answer to that question. MS 441 R C-M guys would never pick up a 562 because it is such a flimsy piece. 562 guys could never pick up a MS 441 R C-M because their arms are too weak.

xkid your starting to wear out the whole flimsy thing, but your right about something, Stihl is starting to make some boxy heavy boat anchors as of late. :D

Hey Gents.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting to take my saw back in for it's third visit to the Dying-M-Tronic-Saw Clinic, so I don't have any new news about my particular idling problem. As soon as I do, of course, I'll post back here.

I do have an update to the M-Tronic calibration procedure, however. With all due respect to OzHoo, I think I have a newer procedure. This is what I got from the Stihl distributor in Denver about a month ago:

1. With the chain brake engaged…
a. Hold throttle and set start lever to Start position (Δ)
b. Start saw and let idle in Start position (Δ) for 90 seconds
c. Blip throttle to bring the machine to the Run position (I)
d. Immediately move lever to Stop position (O)
e. This will reset the carb to original factory setting.

2. With the chain brake engaged…
b. Start saw then Blip throttle to bring the machine to the Run position (I)
c. Let idle in Run position (I) for 90 seconds
d. Immediately move lever to Stop position (O)
e. This will calibrate the idling characteristics of the saw.

3. With the chain brake engaged…
b. Start saw then Blip throttle to bring the machine to the Run position (I)
c. Disengage chain brake and make five uniform cuts through a minimum 12-inch-diameter log.
d. This will calibrate the full throttle characteristics of the saw.

Done.

Of course I did this after my carb was replaced, and it didn't make a hill of beans of difference. I think I have a mechanical problem (carb metering lever).

Anyway...thought this might be useful.
Any clue if this will help my ms201tc. It shuts off randomly at idle and idles rough

It`s possible that you have a leaking solenoid valve on your saw. That`s a common fault that gives this. Replace it or go and talk to your dealer, and see if it is alright then.

I appreciate it. I don’t care for my local dealer. lol. So I’ll just replace the solenoid myself. No harm no foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back