• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl MS 461 Partial rebuild w/ New full wrap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello folks. I've got a partially rebuilt 461 here that needs a good home. Has a new oem piston & rings. Cylinder bore looks really good. At some point the previous owner stripped out the spark plug threads so I repaired it with a Helicoil solid insert. It's now good to go! Crank is in great shape, bearings are tight and seals are in good order too. Clutch is in good shape and are the chain brake components. I didn't find any other stripped out screw holes on the saw. The starter assembly is oem and brand new. I also put a new oem full wrap handlebar on it, which do not come cheap. I also added an aftermarket dual port muffler cover and aftermarket MS661 felling spikes. These spikes are actually a little bit thicker than the oem ones. Please note that the MS 461's recently had a recall notice due to leaky/pinched fuel lines. This saw has had most of its fuel system replaced and is good to go. Needle bearing is greased up and the saw is ready to go to work. She runs, oils and cuts like a new saw. That being said she will require a break-in. She currently only has 20 minutes of run time on her. Asking $700 plus actual shipping to your location. Open to offers as well. Thanks for looking and if you have a question please ask away

-New oem Piston & Rings
-New oem Cylinder gasket
-New oem Starter Assembly/Fan Housing
-New oem fuel & oil caps
-New oem fuel filter
-New oem fuel line
-New spark plug
-New oem HD2 Air Filter
-New oem Filter baffle
-New oem sprocket e-clip
-New oem chain catcher
-New aftermarket dual port muffler cover
-New aftermarket MS661 Felling spikes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

27ba122b0db8ce034bae80122e933e53.jpg
c1b23c59b5e35e3a0316115fe48525ad.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hello do you still have the 460 for sale? I tried to send a PM but who knows if it worked... If you still have shoot me a message on here but I am much better at email. [email protected]

Back