Stihl MS 650 Mag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:hmm3grin2orange: I know why buy the MS 650 well i am the kind of person that when i want something i want it now, And i wanted a new big saw and that is as big as my dealer had in that day, But what the hay it is not that much of a dog it still pulls good but i wanted it to pull harder so Dean has it right now and is doing his STAGE 2 package on it. How do you think it will run when i get it back? i cant wait but it makes it a little easier when their is a great web site like this to talk to ya all about it.:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Hmmmm 066 in your fleet. Man you could have modded the !!!! out of that thing and had twice the saw for the money you just spent. :hmm3grin2orange:

Pay no nevermind chainsaw1, the 650 is a good saw, just not a great saw and it really fills a hole that really doesn't exsist.
If you like it, and you are happy, forget everybody else and make some chips!!!
Andy

Maybe i will mod that one 2 it is a couple years old. I'm sure that when i get the 650 back i will want to send them all away 1 at a time to go visit the chainsaw ferry.:blob2:

sawinredneck said:
Pay no nevermind chainsaw1, the 650 is a good saw, just not a great saw and it really fills a hole that really doesn't exsist.
Andy
Thanks for the support i hope it is a ok saw, to tell ya the truth i can not tell that much difference between the 2 but i guess i don't use them as much as you other guys to be a real critic i just go out firewood cutting but i also have a wood boiler so maybe i do cut as much as a full time cutter. Oh its not that bad. But i will for sure be flinging some serious chips soon.

sawinredneck said:
Andy

Super, super post!

saw1- Don't sweat it. If you're happy, be happy. Andy said it well. It's kindof a bastard saw, but that doesn't mean it won't cut for you.

Hey that is the way i look at it and besides i saved a bit over $200 over the 660 and im putting $275 for the Stage 2 so i would have to belive it will be way better than a 660 with a muffler.

No reason really just want to see what kind of power it can put out, So i can stick up for the poor 650 that everyone picks on. But i might send Dean my 066 also it is kind of contagious.

chainsaw1 said:
Hey that is the way i look at it and besides i saved a bit over $200 over the 660 and im putting $275 for the Stage 2 so i would have to belive it will be way better than a 660 with a muffler.

Maybe... I'd have kept the 650 virgin and modded the 066, but it's your money!

Is the 650 anything like the old 064? I have had an 064 for years and have no complaints with the saw. Good power, reasonably light, and good speed. I even thought of getting a 650 to replace it someday.

fishhuntcutwood said:
Why not send him your 066? And with the 066, why the 650? Just curious.
That's what I was trying to say, I guess. When you have a 066 there with no mods. Seems like he could have spent $300 on mods for the 066 and still have a $1000 left over for whatever and have a SUPER 066. Thats all I meant by my first post.
Lakeside53 said:
Maybe... I'd have kept the 650 virgin and modded the 066, but it's your money!
Exactly, Heck I would have had the 066 modded to the hilt and not even thought about the 650.

:greenchainsaw: Do they make a big bore kit with the Stage 3 for the 066 if they do maybe thats what i will do, Than i will have my little piece of junk 650 for my limb saw and save the other for cutting 6 in and up wood ya know the real big stuff.

Stihl Crazy said:
Is the 650 anything like the old 064? I have had an 064 for years and have no complaints with the saw. Good power, reasonably light, and good speed. I even thought of getting a 650 to replace it someday.
Yes and no! :laugh:

The 650 has the bore, stroke and power of the 064, but it is based on the 660, and also weights as the 660.:pumpkin2:

Latest posts

Back