Stihl ms150t pros, cons, tricks n tips

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikemike

loud pipes save lives
Reaction score
Stihl ms150t seems to be a spendy saw for what little you get. Weight, power, small bar n chain and just a small saw in general. Hope this topic is helpful to anyone who may think of dropping coin on this Lil piece of plastic.

Pros. small compact very light weight great for trimming

Cons. Very sluggish, clutch cover plugs up with fine dust n oil dragging the saw down. Discharge chips out the bottom and top front of clutch cover. Not a bad thing but I'm use to the standard bottom side discharge. The pointed bar takes some getting use to to make a directional notch and back cut vs the traditional parallel style bars. Not an adjustable oiler but it is a auto oiler.
No steel bar plate between case and bar.
That's all I can think of at the moment.

Clutch cover. I found with the 150t the clutch cover gets packed full of oil and fine dust that eventually gets caked into the clutch drum and shoes. I cut a slot at the bottom of the cover that allows for debris to exit from. Seams to help if you do run your saw for many tanks before you have a chance to pull it apart to clean the saw20170528_113358.jpg might not look like alot but it helps.

Air filter fitment
I noticed from the first time I pulled my filter it didn't seal so well to the back plate and my saw has been ingesting some dust and leaving chunks in my exhaust. Had to use a little sealant around the back plate to make a gasket.
IL be watching for dust build up around the carb back plate in the next few days

Back