Stihl MS193T or ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HorseShoeInFork

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want a new top handle 12-14" saw. Non commercial use - few hours a month. The 193 has been out a few years so what's the crowd say? Yea / nay - junk or jewel? Or is there a plan B?

I'm not that impressed with my 2 year old Stihl blower. Very cold natured.

I've looked over the 355 Echo. I'm not opposed to Echo; I have an 18 year old srm2400 weedeater that I have put a lot of hours on. It has been flawless and to this day will start on the 1st pull every time (cold) after sitting a week and 2-3 pulls after sitting all off season.

My 290 Stihl is the same way though. Has always been easy to start. My BG86 blower though is a turd. Hard to start and takes forever to warm up.

I've looked over the 355 Echo. I'm not opposed to Echo; I have an 18 year old srm2400 weedeater that I have put a lot of hours on. It has been flawless and to this day will start on the 1st pull every time (cold) after sitting a week and 2-3 pulls after sitting all off season.

My 290 Stihl is the same way though. Has always been easy to start. My BG86 blower though is a turd. Hard to start and takes forever to warm up.

I have a ms 192 has been a great saw no problems at all. It has had a lot of use all so. Supper handy for cutting up treetops. All so have bg56 blower take spark arrested out , cutoff screen , reinstall exhaust nipple. Also retune carb. It will run a lot better. Also my 192 runs a lot better with muffler mod. And retune.

I have a ms 192 has been a great saw no problems at all. It has had a lot of use all so. Supper handy for cutting up treetops. All so have bg56 blower take spark arrested out , cutoff screen , reinstall exhaust nipple. Also retune carb. It will run a lot better. Also my 192 runs a lot better with muffler mod. And retune.
Advance the timing about 6° ccw or 1/3 of the key and it'll run even better.

Latest posts

Back