Stihl MS200 VS Husky 335XPT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocket

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm debating on purchasing a Stihl MS200 or Husky 335XPT. Has anyone had experience with any of these saws??

I use a 335 at work.
It does what its designed to do and is way over priced.
The only thing I don`t like is the cheap plastic cap covering the plug.
I told the dealer I didn`t want the intenz bar and safety chain, they changed them and I bought it.

335XPT vs. 020T

Rbtree won't like me for this, but I don't know anyone who has had any luck with the 335's. Oiler problems, stalling, I know several climbers who have returned them for refunds. Maybe husky has straightened the problems out, as this was a year or so ago. The 020T is the exact opposite, good luck from anyone that I've talked to. Good Luck!!! Rich.

A friend of mine got so ticked off at his 335XP, he THREW it out of the bucket he was working in and grabbed his back-up saw. I personally have used neither saw. I'm staying on the ground thank you very much!

335 vs 200

Hi
have 2 335 in that i climb with , one a back up for when one goes down i have the other one to use (time is money).

Have also used 020/200 for the last 6 years as a municapal arborist.

335 perfect balance, great power , great balance just not very reliable saw ,just not durable enough spark plug cover fall off, body cracks, constant tuning from hot to cold weather, carb. rubber boot cracks( to much air in motor) , wont idle , wont start on 2 or less pulls that can be very tiring when up in the tree.

020/200 Good saw, good for bucket work, needs to be better balanced for climbing. But is reliable.

If you can wait for the new top handle from Husky might be an option.

lawrence

Play safe

Latest posts

Back