Stihl MS200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul McMillin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this saw almost a year ago and it stopped running while i was using it the other day. Our mechanic said the engine was shot, probably threw a rod. The cord still was pullable so i took the saw apart. The piston surface was really pocked up bad and the cylinder was scored. The rod was not snapped . The engine fins were clean so i dont think it overheated . Any ideas on what might have happened? Would appreciate it . JPM ( ps... I havent been on this site for a while now because my PC crashed so i finally got a new one, so hello to everyone again..)

Hi JPM,From how you described it,sounds like it did overheat.A lean fuel mixture will do this more often than anything except insufficient oil mix or running straight gas.Air leaks in the induction system will cause a lean condition-crack in carb boot etc.I would be guessing as I dont know the conditions your saw was operating in when it took its last breath.Ther are many Stihl authorities on this sit that I'm sure will advise.Wish I could be of more help.

Latest posts

Back