Stihl ms250-hard to pull start rope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to hear that maybe just bad gas on the hard to crank Husky.

Something I do on some of my saws that do not want to start up easily when coming out of cold storage.
On some saws and 2 cycle engines when I find them to be hard to start when cold instead of removing the spark plug or the breather for access to the carb throat for priming I can just dump little bit of fresh fuel through the muffler.
This method will not work on all saws, just few.

Safety notice:
About removing the spark plug from a possible flooded chainsaw and then drop cranking.
You will not forget this one if it ever happens to you.
I removed the spark plug and left it dangling on the plug wire, cranked the saw and sure enough it was flooded big time, blew a flame like a big fire breathing dragon, the gas flume blew into my crotch area. What was really bad was me beating myself in the crotch area trying to put out the fire. Sure was thankful no one was around to witness or video that one.

Good to hear that maybe just bad gas on the hard to crank Husky.

Something I do on some of my saws that do not want to start up easily when coming out of cold storage.
On some saws and 2 cycle engines when I find them to be hard to start when cold instead of removing the spark plug or the breather for access to the carb throat for priming I can just dump little bit of fresh fuel through the muffler.
This method will not work on all saws, just few.

Safety notice:
About removing the spark plug from a possible flooded chainsaw and then drop cranking.
You will not forget this one if it ever happens to you.
I removed the spark plug and left it dangling on the plug wire, cranked the saw and sure enough it was flooded big time, blew a flame like a big fire breathing dragon, the gas flume blew into my crotch area. What was really bad was me beating myself in the crotch area trying to put out the fire. Sure was thankful no one was around to witness or video that one.
Yep, I remember it being kinda easy to start last year but it is kinda hard to pull over. I usually have to drop start saws like this unless they have de-comp.
As for the last part of your post, haven't had that happen yet, but have had stuff just about as bad...

Back