Stihl MS261 and MS241 heated handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacomatrd98

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking for a little help here. I'm trying to convert my 261 and 241 to alloy handlebars. It's a personal thing as I hate plastic bars. This can be done with a handlebar from a vw/Arctic/heated handle saw, catch is, they do not sell either of these two models in the US with heated handles.

Long story short, I'm looking for part numbers or contacts or direction to try and order these things.

Parts needed will be handlebar and upper A/V mount for a 241cmvw and for a 261cmvw.

The 261 is available in canada but the 241cmvw is European only as far as I can tell.

Thank you all in advance.

-AJ

Dear Stihl USA: please sell proper **** in the US. You already make metal handlebars and heated handle saws, would it really cost you that much to stock them in the US market?

Everybody likes to carry on about how great the US is and how free we are and whatnot, but there are a LOT of great products that we, for various reasons, are not free to buy here. Some is EPA bull at work, other is stupid corporate decisions. But regardless of the cause, it is annoying and needs to stop!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

0595480f51f57adbd718e47f55aee555.jpg

The best I can do...

Dear Stihl USA: please sell proper **** in the US. You already make metal handlebars and heated handle saws, would it really cost you that much to stock them in the US market?

Everybody likes to carry on about how great the US is and how free we are and whatnot, but there are a LOT of great products that we, for various reasons, are not free to buy here. Some is EPA bull at work, other is stupid corporate decisions. But regardless of the cause, it is annoying and needs to stop!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is true. Over on the firewood forum we have been discussing this as regards Fiskars splitting axes and mauls. They make and sell in Europe, but not in the US, three larger models, larger than the x27, which is quite popular here. Why this is who knows, don't know how many, but for sure they would sell some here if they were offered and in the distributors hands. Has to be the same with the various heated handle model chainsaws.

Looking for a little help here. I'm trying to convert my 261 and 241 to alloy handlebars. It's a personal thing as I hate plastic bars. This can be done with a handlebar from a vw/Arctic/heated handle saw, catch is, they do not sell either of these two models in the US with heated handles.

Long story short, I'm looking for part numbers or contacts or direction to try and order these things.

Parts needed will be handlebar and upper A/V mount for a 241cmvw and for a 261cmvw.

The 261 is available in canada but the 241cmvw is European only as far as I can tell.

Thank you all in advance.

-AJ
I am from europe and i can asked for the 241 handles or i can sent you one if you want but first lets see the cost

Latest posts

Back