Stihl MS360=MS361---036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Russell

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is there any differents in these three saws, if so what are they? Are the manuals on the MS360 and Ms361 the same? I think my MS360 has a wee bit more power.Now remember I said I think I did not say it did. What is it about a Stihl that makes a Lumber Jack fall in love with his saw?

Answer the question about what the differents is about the saws first (Please)

Thank's
Jack Russell :greenchainsaw:

361 is the new 360, which was the renamed 036. The 361 is a completely redesigned saw from the 036 and 360, different anti- vibration different engine, different saw, except for the fuel & oil caps the parts will not exchange. The stihl techs on the site can offer specifics about h.p. and displacement. As for the power, I think the 361 has a quicker response and a smoother feel than the 360, but overall cutting speed is about the same in my opinion. Biggest improvement for me is the anti-vibe system. They are all great saws, hope this helps. :)

The above post cover most of it.

The slightly smaller engine in the 361 is a 4-channel design vs. the old 2-channel one on the older saws. The main result is faster accelleration and a wider useful power band, only a tad more max output.

Back