Stihl MS390 spitting bar oil everywhere...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Harley!

That's exactly what I wanted to see! The question I have is: why put a double o-ring seal on the flow rate screw, unless you're expecting oil there?

Do you think it could be leaking from this unplugged hole? If so, is it possible to extract the plug so that I may see the design and copy it?

I see there are 2 drive screws (parts no 4 & 5). Could you give me the description of the parts?

Thanks for all the info!

#5 is indicated as "previous model" and it has a ref to a tech bulletin 60.2006. So the bulletin came out in 2006. Unfortunately, it doesn't come up in the file, so I cannot attach it or read it.

The difference between these 2 pump pistons is that the new one runs in a bearing bushing made from sintered metal. The pump piston and the pump housing were modified to that reason. The new pump piston can only be used with the new pump housing.

Sorry, I don't know about compatability/interchangeability. I do have an old 029, but I don't want to disassemble it for this thread. I'll sell you this one for $30, if you want.

I know we both speak english, but we definitely went to different schools. I don't see anywhere in the thread where you offered to sell an oil pump - just an entire saw for $30. Or perhaps when you mentioned "this one", that was cryptic for the oiler, even though you were talking about your old 029.

I need to hone my mind reading skills obviously - carry on.

Back