stihl ms391 vs. dolmar 6400

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phil21502

phil21502

ArboristSite Operative
out of the two which do you think would last the longest? have to awesome dealers in my area and cant decide. this would be for a strictly firewood saw. got permission to get a big saw was just told it better last tho. lol.
thanks for any info

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Or you could go blue!

Blue Dolmar 6400 Bailey's - Makita Model DCS 6421 Chainsaw with 20" Bar & Chain

attachment.php

View attachment 246215

fearofpavement

fearofpavement

Trying them all
What about parts support? I have never seen any Dolmar or Makita saws in my area. Not saying no one sells them, just never encountered them new or used. (Jonsered is in the same boat around here) If the op has a dealer close to him and plans to stay in that area then fine but Stihl parts are available everywhere. Just something to consider. Do Makita/Dolmar make their parts available online?

w8ye

Addicted to ArboristSite
There are seven Stihl dealers within 20 mi of my house.

But only one of them stocks any parts what so ever and he's 20 mi away.

Guess where I go for my Stihl parts?

RAMROD48

RAMROD48

Addicted to ArboristSite
Most parts can be ordered through your Makita Parts Dealers. I just ordered a coil for a 102 Dolmar from my local Makits tool guy.:msp_wink:

Sapo_feo

Sapo_feo

You have to be careful shopping at Bailey's. I bought a big bore kit for my Makita 6401, and now that's all I use. My 272 hangs in the shop cold and alone. And while I was on their site I saw some great deals on bars, so I bought some. Then I needed chains, so I bought some. It dawned on me that I can only use one bar at a time, so I bought more saws. The next thing I know I'm signed up with Arboristsite so I can learn how to mod my saws and run even bigger bars, so it's back to Bailey's. Since I was there I might as well get the big air filter kit and some more bars. Now I need more saws. It's a never ending cycle. I have to book more jobs and hear more crap about my "smurf saw", until I put the earplugs in and fire it up, just so I can buy more stuff. I just got their flyer, and it's free shipping! I wonder what they have for bars today?

bcorradi

bcorradi

Arboristsite.com Sponsor
Longevity wise..I don't buy a 6400 will last longer. I don't believe that a 361 or 362 will last longer than a 391. Who has worn out any of the aforementioned saws and how many hours did it take?

Latest posts