Stihl ms441 vs. ms460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just looked it up on how to do this, didn't know that it could be recalibrated. I'll give it a try.

It should be a runner. I'm more impressed by the 441C than any Stihl made......and I ain't easy to impress.

speaking of bars... 2 nuns walk into a bar.... (oh, wait. wrong forum)

what gauge should this saw take for either a 25" and a 28" light?
.050 or .063?
why the two and not just one choice for a 441?

My understanding was always that 063 had a stronger masterlink and was less prone to stretch. Any truth to this?

My understanding was always that 063 had a stronger masterlink and was less prone to stretch. Any truth to this?

less stretch and the wider bar groove ,lets more oil travel to the tip better on longer bars ,28 and 32 i run .063

it's personal preference, Some of us only have .050 at our dealers and some have .063.

I see you are in east otto. I am over in stockton. WHat is the advantages to .063 over .050? Does lyons/cjs sell the .063?

I have a friend (hopefully my future workplace) who works there at Lyons I'll ask and see. Bill's Saw Shop may have .063 but I have never been there personally. lol

I usually go to Ray's because he is in East Otto and I live in East Otto so it's a no brainer he usually has .050 stocked up. Yes the .063 will oil better than .050 but I have had no problems with oiling on my 441 R CM. With that said I have had no problems with .50 durability wise.

I know it's but what they hey, it's part of the learning curve.
I decided upon a 25" and went with the standardized .050 3/8"
Thanks CR for your input.

Latest posts

Back